Couples Getaway 💚

A few weeks had passed since Luke and Julie went on IG live to explain the internet scandal that had happened. Surprisingly the reaction they got wasn't bad, but Andi still advised them to lay low for a couple weeks and that's what they did.

Now a month has gone by and the band's break was halfway over. Luke entered Alex's apartment with a grin on his face.

"Boys, it's time."

"Time for what?" Reggie asked as Luke plopped down on the couch between him and Alex.

"I just picked up the ring," Luke pulled the box out of his pocket.

Alex couldn't hold back his grin, "This is the moment we've all been waiting for!"

"How are you gonna do it?"

"Well, that's what I was hoping you guys would help me out on. I have this song that I've been working on and it's finally done."

"The song I saw in your journal?" Reggie asked.

Luke nodded, "Yeah. I know I want to sing it to her before I pop the question, but I don't know how to make it romantic."

"The song itself is romantic, Luke." Alex assured him.

"I meant the details, like where I should do it."

"Ooh, I know. Why don't you take her to a surprise location? Like a couples getaway or something."

An idea immediately popped into Luke's head.

"Reggie, thank you so much!" Luke exclaimed before hugging the bassist.

"So are you gonna show us the ring or what?"

Luke grinned before opening the box. Both Alex and Reggie gasped at the same time.

"Woah, Luke. I don't think I've ever seen someone with a ring like that."

"Well I've never seen anyone like Julie before, so it's perfect."

Luke smiled as the two examined the ring closely. Reggie kept commenting on how it sparkled in the light.

"The morganite is from Rose's engagement ring."

Alex's jaw dropped, "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I was FaceTiming Ray and Carlos back when I first told you guys I was gonna propose. I loved the sketches we came up with in the store, but it was still missing that sentimental value. I told Ray this and he sent Rose's ring over. He said to do whatever I wanted with it as long as I made it special for Julie."

"Luke, she's going to love it."

The days leading up to their trip, Luke was really nervous. He kept checking his bag to make sure the ring was safely tucked away all while making sure Julie didn't notice him checking so often.

"Alright," Julie sighed as she looked over their stuff, "that's everything I think."

Luke smiled at her before bringing her into a hug and placing a kiss on top of her head.

"A whole week away from the city and our friends. What will we do with ourselves?"

Luke smirked, "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve."

"Oh yeah?" She looked up at him, "Like what?"

"Not telling you." Luke chuckled, "Nice try, though."

The two brought their belongings down to the car and packed everything into the trunk.

"So I don't even get a hint?" Julie questioned as she got into the passenger's seat.

"I told you we're going to the Hampton's. That's all you're getting out of me."