The Duet 🎶

It was a Friday morning in the middle of July and Luke had just woken up and got ready for the day. As soon as he finished eating his breakfast he FaceTimed Alex in a hurry.

"Hey, you busy?"

"No, not really." Alex shook his head.

He had clearly just woken up as well.

"I'm trying to write these vows and I need you to tell me if this sentence sounds good."

"Ooh, I can pretend to be Julie!" Alex exclaimed before sitting up in his bed.

Luke chuckled as the blonde flipped his hair and batted his eyelashes at the camera.

"Julie," Luke started.

"Yes, Luke?" Alex asked in a feminine voice.

Luke laughed before clearing his throat and continuing to read off his paper.

"On this day, five years ago you bumped into me on the sidewalk and my life has never been the same since." Luke looked at the phone screen to see Alex wiping away fake tears, "I had no idea that was the moment I was going to meet the woman I'd spend forever with, but everyday I thank whoever's listening that it happened."

Alex fake sobbed causing Luke to loose his train of thought and start laughing.

"Bro, I can't take you seriously when you're pretending to be Julie."

"But this is good practice. She's definitely going to be crying when you read your vows to her."

Luke nodded, "Yeah, you're right. My vows might be a little cheesy, but I figured it's better that way for Jules."

"Seriously, Luke, as long as it comes from the heart it's going to be great. You write amazing lyrics and I'm sure you'll come up with great vows."

Luke smiled before closing his journal.

"Hey, are you going over to Reggie and Flynn's place today?"

"I wasn't planning on it, but I'm free for a while. Is something going on?" Luke asked.

"They're setting up the nursery and need help. Well, Flynn asked for help since Reggie is having issues putting the crib together and won't let her do anything."

Luke chuckled, "Okay, I'll be over there soon."

"Alright, see you then."

✧✧✧

"You look great, Julie." Bobby said to her as she stood in front of him.

Julie was wearing a silk champagne colored dress with ruffled sleeves. It stopped in the middle of her thighs and had a cut out in the back.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Bobby. They cleaned you up nice."

"Are you nervous?"

"A little." She nodded. "But that always disappears as soon as I start singing."

Soon the audience began to clap, signaling that the live show was back from commercial break.

"And now here to perform their new song which has just hit number five on the billboard hot 100, here's Bobby Wilson and Julie Molina!"

As soon as the talk show host announced their names the crowd cheered loudly and a million butterflies fluttered in Julie's stomach. It had been a few months since she performed for an audience, but she missed it a lot.

Bobby gave Julie an encouraging smile as they looked at each other in their starting pose. Then he began to sing to her.

"Not tryna be indie,
Not tryna be cool,
Just tryna be in this,
Tell me, are you too?"