The Engagement Party 🥂

News had broke that the two lead singers of Julie and the Phantoms were now engaged to each other. Julie thought the internet had gone crazy over her and Bobby's little 'scandal', but it was nothing compared to the attention the band was receiving now.

Julie posted a picture of her and Luke's hands intertwined with her ring on full display. Then it became the fifth most liked picture on Instagram.

Julie had honestly forgot how big of a celebrity couple they were, but that week she was reminded. Julie received gifts from people she didn't think knew she existed. White roses from Beyoncé, personalized wine from Alicia Keys and the list kept getting crazier and crazier.

"Alright, everyone. If you could settle down I'd like to make a little speech." Ray spoke as he stood from his chair.

Luke and Julie's engagement party was being held at The Brooklyn Winery and hosted by Ray with the help of Julie's aunt, Victoria. All of their close friends, and some they met through the industry, were in attendance. It was a smaller and more intimate function with only thirty guests.

"It's my honor to welcome you all here tonight to celebrate the engagement of Julie and Luke."

Everyone cheered and clapped in response.

"For those of you who don't know me, which I'm fairly certain all of you do, I'm Julie's proud father, Ray. It means so much to me and my family that you're all here at this milestone event to mark the beginning of a lifelong commitment."

Ray was holding back tears as he looked at his daughter. Julie was praying that she didn't burst into tears and ruin her makeup.

"I've had so many years of being Julie's father and they've gone by so quickly. I remember her as a newborn. How her little fingers curled around my thumb and the feeling that gave me. In that moment I vowed to be Superman for her. That nothing would ever hurt my little girl."

Ray chuckled to himself, "I guess now is a good time for a reality check. Sometimes I was Superman. After all, being a single father wasn't something I anticipated. But most of the time, I was me. Just a man - an ordinary one made special through being Julie's father."

All the guests awed and cooed at Ray's words.

"It's no surprise to me that she found someone like Luke. He's a good man who knows what he wants and goes after it. He protects the one's he loves without any hesitation and that's exactly what he's done for Julie."

Ray nodded his head towards the guy and Luke mouthed a little 'thank you' in response.

"So if you'll all raise your glasses and join me in a toast." Ray picked up his glass along with everyone else in the room, "To Julie and Luke, may your life together be filled with so much happiness. I know you two will last forever. Congratulations."

Everyone cheered before clinking their glasses together and taking a sip of their drinks. Reggie turned to look at Flynn who was sitting next to him. She hadn't drank any of her wine all night.

"Flynn," He whispered to her, "are you okay?"

She gave him a smile and nodded.

"Please, don't lie to me. Whatever it is, you can tell me." Reggie placed his hand on hers under the table.

"It's not the right place to talk about it. Later, okay?"

Reggie nodded, deciding to drop the conversation for the time being. The two turned their attention back to their friends who were talking amongst themselves.

"That was such a nice toast." Willie commented from across the table.

"I know. I feel intimidated having to give a speech at their wedding now." Alex agreed.