seven

Chapter 7-

"So," Alice said to Theresa, nudging her, as they stood in the cafeteria line, waiting to get their food

"What can I possibly help you with, Alice?" Theresa asked with a smile as she turned to look at the Cullen girl.

"You seem to be in a good mood after studying with my brother," The pixie-haired girl said with a smirk.

Theresa stood up a little straighter, knowing what the Cullen girl was trying to say, "Well, he helped me gain more confidence in taking my test today. So, I'm not as worried anymore," She said, giving Alice an innocent smile.

"Tess, don't take this the wrong way, but you've never genuinely smiled in school until today."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Theresa asked Alice but was instead answered by Bella, "I just think what Alice is trying to say is that a certain Cullen has caught your eye," Bella said, cutting in line in front of Theresa and grabbing an apple.

"You're joking, right?" Theresa asked, causing Bella to roll her eyes, "Oh, come on, Tess, don't play dumb with me."

"I do not like Jasper. We are just friends, that's all," Theresa said as she grabbed a bag of chips.

"I think that will change in the future, don't you think so, Alice?" Bella asked, tilting her head at Alice, "Why yes, Bella, I do."

Theresa laughed lightly, paying for her lunch, before speaking, "In your dreams."

"Well, let's just say I have a knack for knowing if two people are going to be together in the future," Alice paid for her lunch before continuing to speak, "And you, my friend, are in for a treat," She said as Bella walked over to their table, leaving Theresa standing alone next to the register. She watched as her two friends sat down at the table.

Why was she suddenly so nervous to sit at the only table she'd been welcomed at?

She answered her question as her eyes inevitably looked over at Jasper's seat, where he always sat and was now sitting, laughing at something Emmett had just said.

Ignoring her nervousness, she smiled and began walking towards the table where her friends all sat.

~~~~

Theresa watched in amusement as Emmett challenged Bella to arm wrestle him for what seemed to be the 100th time as they ate lunch.

"Come on! You're just scared I'm going to beat you."

"Am not."

"Am too!"

"What?"

"Emmett, stop trying to arm wrestle my girlfriend," Edward said as Theresa felt her phone go off, causing her to turn her attention from the two goofballs in front of her to her coat pocket, where her phone was located.