two

Chapter 2-

One day at school, Theresa realized how much she needed a support group like the Cullen's.

Theresa walked into the main entrance of the school building. The crowded and loud hallway went silent as soon as the doors shut behind her.

"Weird," Theresa said to herself as she continued walking towards her locker, not paying attention to the students whispering around her and spreading rumors about her.

Theresa stopped in her tracks. A group of students surrounded her locker, whispering to each other.

Theresa began to push her way through the crowd. "What's going on?-" Theresa asked herself before cutting herself off as she saw her locker.

The words "Fatty" and "Crazy" were spray painted on her locker in bright red spray paint.

Students stood around her, staring. Some looking for a reaction from the girl, while the others laughed and pointed at the prank.

Theresa felt her eyes start to water, and she started to panic. She couldn't cry in front of her classmates; she wouldn't. She refused to give them the satisfaction of knowing they hurt her feelings. But Theresa wouldn't lie. As the laughing got louder, it was harder to hold back her tears.

She thought it wouldn't ever end until she heard a familiar voice yell, "Nothing to see here, folks! Get to class!"

She turned around to see Alice pushing through the crowd of teenagers.

"Hey, Tess," She said, stopping before the girl.

"Why don't we just skip today? What do you think?" She asked the girl, holding her hand out for Theresa to take.

Theresa looked around at the students, who were now silent and whispering to one another, before looking at her locker. Theresa walked towards her locker and touched the fresh coat of spray paint, red staining her fingers. It brought her back to Bella's birthday and, more importantly, Jasper's leaving.

She was broken out of her thoughts by a hand on her shoulder, "Let's go, Tess," Alice whispered in her ear, "You don't want them to see you upset."

Theresa turned and looked at Alice before nodding, "Right," Theresa agreed, taking the hand Alice offered her.

Alice smiled and nodded at her friend before helping to turn around to face that crowd of onlookers.

"Move!" Alice yelled, pushing her and Theresa's way through the students and walking out the school's front doors.

As soon as Theresa was sat in Alice's car, tears fell. The last thing Theresa wanted to do was cry in front of Alice, so she tried to hide it. That worked for a while, but as the car ride continued, the tears continued to fall at a more rapid pace. At the end of the drive, Theresa was asking for a tissue, not caring if she saw her upset anymore. She was exhausted- mentally, emotionally, and physically. She felt like she was continually dealing with hardship after hardship, and right now, Theresa just wanted him, but Theresa also knew she couldn't have him, which added to the stress.

Alice parked her car in the driveway of the Cullen house. She exited the vehicle and ran to the other side to help Theresa. She opened the girl's car door and helped her out, offering her a smile.

Theresa was a mess as she stood outside of the car. Her hair was a mess from when she put the window down in the car to try and dry her tears; tears stained her rosy cheeks, and she constantly had to blow her nose.

"I know Tess. Teenagers can be brutal," Alice said as she wiped some of the girl's tears that fell before walking inside the Cullen residence with her, side by side.

"Alice? Back so early?" Esme asked, surprised. She walked into the room, stopping in her tracks as she saw Alice standing hand in hand with a sobbing Theresa.

Esme's face dropped, and she immediately walked towards the human girl with arms wide open, "Oh honey," Esme said, wrapping her arms around the girl's torso.

Theresa hugged back, inviting the comfort only Esme could give to help soothe her.

Esme pulled Theresa out of the hug, wiping stray tears from her eyes before running her hands up and down Theresa's arms in a soothing motion.

"Let's go get you some tea to help you calm down," Esme suggested with a smile, "Hmm? How's that sound?"

Before Theresa could respond, the front door opened, and silence fell over the room.

"What's going on?" The all too familiar voice asked.

Theresa couldn't help but whip her head around to see him. She watched as Jaspers's face went from surprise to confusion to anger.

Theresa and Jasper just stared at each other for a moment. Jasper noticed how Theresa's face was stained with tears, and Theresa watched as his eyes darkened.

Jasper tore his eyes away from Theresa's. Instead, looking at his sister and pointing at Theresa, "What happened?" Jasper asked, turning his attention to Alice, who stood still with her mouth open, trying to figure out what to say.

"Alice," Jasper demanded, his voice deep and accent strong.

"Her-her locker," Alice finally said, "Some kids vandalized it. Wrote some-" Alice stopped herself, looking at Theresa, then back to Jasper before continuing to speak, "Rude things."

"Who was it?" Jasper asked, grabbing his jacket from the couch where it lay.

When he got no answer, Jasper resorted to yelling, "Who, Alice!?" Jasper yelled again as Alice looked at him, "I-I don't know!"

Jasper shrugged his jacket over his shoulder before making a beeline to grab his keys from the table beside the front door but was stopped when Theresa placed her arms around his waist, hugging him with so much force it was almost as if her life depended on this hug.

It was a shock to everyone in the room.

Jasper stood still, not knowing what to do or where to put his arms, but Theresa only tightened her grip around Jasper's stomach.

"Please-" Theresa said, face muffled in Jasper's jacket, "Stay."

That's all Theresa had to say for Jasper to hold his arms around her and hug her tightly.

"I'm not going anywhere, Tess," Jasper said, kissing the top of her head, and he used one hand to run his fingers through her hair. He kissed her head before placing it against his chest, feeling her teardrops through the fabric of his shirt.

As Theresa sobbed in Jasper's arms, the three vampires looked at each other, worried for the human girl they considered family.