Chapter 1

Hailey's POV:

I have just returned from New York. None of the intelligence knew I was back except Sergeant Platt, and I wanted that to be a surprise. After I went to the district Sergeant Platt said, "Hey Detective Blonde is back" and she came to hug me. After we broke up I went to the palm scanner. I went upstairs and everyone was sitting at their desks and filling out documents until Adam He turned and didn't see me and said, "Hailey's back." he got up and hugged me. Then Kim greeted me, Kevin, and finally Vanessa, who screamed like that when she saw that my eardrums had ruptured. I missed you so much, girl, you have a lot to tell me, "she said." There really is a lot to tell, "I said. I looked around and didn't see Jay and I asked, "Aa guys where is Jay" everyone looked at me and after a while I heard footsteps on the stairs and I saw Jay but he wasn't alone

Jay's POV:

Erin and I went upstairs and I couldn't believe it and I said quietly but so loudly that they could hear me, "Hailey ... What are you doing here?" I asked. Then Erin went to greet her and I was numb. Then she said, "Well. I came back and if Voight would let me go back to the department as your partner "then Voight came out of his office and went and hugged Hailey and he said he was coming back and since Erin and I caught the case he said that if she was tired she could pick up or start work. She replied that she would start work immediately. The case was a robbery at Lincoln Park Pawnshop. Erin and I had taken the camera footage from the store and released it through facial recognition. And we had a hit with a kidnapper named Jake McMature. No violations, no parking fine. Voight said, "Okay Halstead and Upton bring him," then we nodded and Erin followed him into his office and slammed the door.

Еrin's POV:

"Why did you do that?" I said

"What are you talking about," Voight said

- You know that Jay and I are perfect partners, why did you separate us? You know I still have feelings for him, I know I didn't do the right thing when I left years ago but now I'm here and I want to be with him why did he do it?

"Sit down, darling," he said

- What's happening?

- Two weeks ago Jay came to me and told me that he had contact with the FBI and they told him that they had offered Hailey a job and she refused because she had feelings for her old partner from the police. And he then admitted to me that he has feelings for her and they are super good on the field so why not be together.

"What does that mean?" I asked, a little upset and with tears in my eyes

- Oooo don't cry.

- Dad, how can I not cry, I have feelings for him and he obviously does not have for me.

"Hey, don't worry." Hailey has a rule not to date people she works with. It's just that if she cares about Jay, she'll have to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to Adam.

"Wait, what happened to Adam?" I asked

- Well, they slept together and after an operation they separated because they saw that they could not sleep together and work side by side.

After calming down, I left the office and sat down to look for information.

Hailey's POV:

After Jay and I told him to bring Jake, we headed for Jay's jeep. I first break the silence:

"So are you and Erin?" I asked with a curious face

"What?" Erin and I never! "He said

- How come "never"?

-I just would never fall in love with her again. She left me more than 3 years ago.

-Oh, I thought you were together because when Voight said I would come back as your partner, she didn't seem very happy.

- I haven't noticed. I'll talk to her when we get back. But I'm sure there's nothing.

-Okay now let's concentrate and catch him.

Jay's POV:

We got out of my car and went to the door and I knocked and said, "Chicago PD open the door!" No one opened but Hailey heard some noise from behind the house and we started running and shouting "Stop or I'll shoot!" Until Jake finally pulled out a gun and aimed it at Hailey. Just when I was going to shoot "Bang" and watch the suspect fall to the ground and "Wow, I'm in love with this woman!" I said and thought she hadn't heard me but suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Jay and I are in love with you!" Hailey said and I kissed her.