Chapter 16

The Next Day

Hailey's POV:

When I woke up, I was in Jay's arms. Then I heard El cry and Jay jumped slightly. "Hey, if you jump every time she cries, it's going to be a lot of fun?" I told Jay, "Very funny! I love you and I promise not to jump!" "You promise! I love you too!" I said and he kissed my head. Then Tyler and Logan came in, "Hey, little sister!" "Hey, boys!" "Congratulations!" "Thanks!" said Jay. Will motioned for him to come out: "Will is calling me, I'm going out for a while!" "Good!" Jay said, "Hey congratulations!" said Logan. "And now I want to see my niece!" Tyler said, "Here!" and I handed it to him. "She looks a lot like you, but she has your eyes!" said Logan. "Hales, we have to go, but we'll talk, won't we?" Tyler said, "Of course!"

Jay's POV:

Will called me to talk to me and he didn't look very well. "Hey, what's going on?" I asked, "Jay, let's go to the doctors' room!" "Okay!" I said, and we went down to the doctors' room, "Will, what's going on? What's wrong?" "Jay, you have to take care of Hailey. She looks good on the outside but she's not mentally well. "" What do you mean? " "He will have a long way to go to recover mentally. She was abducted, beaten and had to give birth prematurely. I say she's not well! "" I'll talk to her and we'll work something out. " "She will have nightmares at night, I will remember that day and I am sure she will need time. I talked to Voight and told him that Hailey, in addition to being a mother, told him she had to keep an eye on you because at the slightest worry she might have a nervous breakdown! "" All right! I'll take care of it! " "All right now, go and get your two girls home!" Tyler and Logan were gone when I went upstairs, and Hailey was already changing. ,, Good! Where to now? "" I was thinking of going to work to see Elle if you wanted? " "Okay!" Hailey signed the paperwork and we got in the car and went to the district.

Hailey's POV:

We entered the district with the car seat in which El slept. "Hey, Detective Blondie's back!" Trudy said, walking around his desk. "Nice to see you out of the hospital!" "Yes, I'm glad to go out and come back!" "And who is this?" "This is Eleanor!" In short, El! "" She's so beautiful! " "She looks like Jay, but she has Hailey's eyes!" "That's right!" Jay said, "Are you going upstairs?" she asked, "Yes!" said Jay. We went upstairs and everyone jumped out and said, "Surprise!" And we all laughed, "I baked you a cake!" said Adam and we all laughed, "Okay, Kim and Vanessa baked it and I ate the icing and Kevin and I blamed them for decorating!" he said. We started smiling until we started grinning. The cake said, "Welcome." Elle and fast healing Hales! " "Very nice people!" Then Kim and Vanessa and I hugged, and then we all hugged. "Hey, wouldn't we see the little princess?" Kevin asked. Then Jay went to get her from the chair and she immediately cried. I went to get her and she calmed down. "Hey, can I have it?" Voight asked, "Of course!" I said. "This view is just enchanting," Adam said, then took a picture. Hank saw it, "Erase it now!" "Can you at least see her?" "Let me see her!" He looked at her and said, "Make me a copy, I'll put it in a frame!" "You're going to be a grandfather! Really!" I said as I smiled, "So it was when Justin was born!" "Wow, do you have a picture from then?" Kim asked, "I don't think I'll look!" I thought that since Erin was my daughter then I would only be a grandfather! "" It's not true, you will always be a father to us because thanks to you we are good cops! " I said, "Thank you, Hailey, I really appreciate it!" When Justin died and my wife died, I thought I was alone, but now I understand that I am not! "" You will never be! " Jay said, hugging him, "It's good to have this conversation between us, isn't it?" "Of course!" we all said and sat down and talked and ate cake and laughed at various stupid things that everyone has done in their life. "Well, we're leaving because someone's sleepy," Jay said, pointing to Elle in Hank's arms. said Hank. We all said goodbye and headed home. We went in and said, "Welcome little Elle!" As I went upstairs to her room. I put her to bed and stroked her head. "Good night, princess!" and I said and kissed her on the head.

Jay's POV:

I saw Hailey coming down the stairs. "Did she sleep?" "Yes, she was a little tired!" she said as I approached her. "Now we are alone! How about we play a little? "I said this as I grabbed her by the waist and lifted her to my pelvis and up the stairs.