Chapter 9

The next morning

Hailey's POV:

When I woke up, Jay was still asleep. I got up and put on my shorts and bra and went to make coffee. After 10 minutes I felt someone hugging me from behind. I turned and saw Jay half naked in his suit. "Good morning beautiful!" "Good morning boy soldier!" I said as I smiled, "Boy soldier?" What is this? "" A nickname I came up with for you! " "Are we going to talk like that?" He said as he approached to kiss me. "Do you know what's best today?" "What?" I asked, "It's 10:30 at the moment and we still don't have a case so we can stay home and watch a movie." "I agree!"

Jay's POV:

When we sat down and finally decided which movie to watch, my phone started buzzing and I said, "Hey, Jay, there's something I need to tell you!" "Okay, bro!" "Well ... there's a man who wants to see you in the hospital!" "Who is it?" "Come on and you'll see!" "Absolutely!" Will said as he hung up. "Whose ass are you going to kick?" Hailey asked, "My brother to someone else." He said I had to go to the hospital because there was someone who wanted to see me! "" Okay, do I want to come too? " "Come on!" We got dressed and got in the car. When we got in front of MED and parked we saw Will waiting for us in front. "Hey Hales, how are you?" he asked as he hugged her, "Okay, I just wonder why Jay will kick your ass?" she said while laughing, "We'll see about this, and you're going to protect me, aren't you?" he said as he laughed, "Dream!"

Hailey's POV:

We went inside and Jay couldn't wait to see who wanted to see him. Will took us to one of the rooms and Jay said, "Emily, what are you doing here, aren't you in Los Angeles?" As he approached to hug her, Will and I went in and she smiled. "Who is this beauty?" Emily asked, "Hi, I'm Hailey. Nice to meet you!" "Emily, this is my work partner and my girlfriend!" "Wow, Will told me about his love life and now it's your turn. Get started! "Said Emily," I'll tell you another time, but what are you doing in Chicago? " "I was transferred from our LA office to Chicago because I grew up here and I know the city, so here I am!" "I have another question, why are you in the hospital?" "I tripped and broke my leg." "Why didn't you ring?" "I would have come to your work, but here I am!"

Jay's POV:

"Okay, my sister, do you have a place to stay after they're discharged?" "To buy an apartment in Bucktown!" "I'll come and pick you up when they prescribe, okay?" "Of course!" she said, "Emily, it was nice to meet you!" said Hailey, "Yes, and I was pleased!" "Bye and get well soon. We're going to keep in touch, aren't we? "I said," Of course now, and I'm closer than before. "" Wait, Hailey, we can go out if you want me to get better? " Hailey replied, "Yes, and I will be pleased to meet the man my brother is madly in love with." It is obvious from afar that you are a perfect couple and there are also many things to tell you about, such as his first kiss and what a crazy brother he was! "" It will be very interesting to me! " "That's how the girls' party ended because we're being called to work." "All right, let's go!" "Hey Hailey, I want to tell you something." I looked at them a little angrily, "My brother in private if you like!"

Emily's POV:

"So how long have you been with Jay?" I asked, "For three months!" "I want to tell you that when we were growing up, especially Jay always had a problem with girls, it was very difficult for him to endure divisions. And as far as I know from Will Jay has suffered his last love affair. Please don't break his heart. "I said," I would never do it, I love him and this is the man and one day I would like to marry him. " she said, "Wow this is very surprising!" "I know it's just that and I'd like to have a family with him!"

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have to go!"

"Bye Hailey will be heard, won't we?" "Of course!" as they left my room.