Chapter 13

Seven months later

Jay's POV:

A wonderful seven months passed in which Hailey and I moved into a house that Hailey fell in love with at first sight. We already knew the baby's gender and he was a girl. Hailey had gone shopping for the baby, and I had decided to go to Will's. I got in the truck and went to them. When I arrived, Will didn't tell me, "Owen," Hey buddy, where's Will? "I asked him, and he turned and left," Hey, my brother, what's going on? " "Coincidentally keeping Mom's engagement ring?" "Yeah, why ... Wow, you've already decided?" "Yes, tonight I have decided to propose to her!" "Well, I'll bring it now!" "Just one more thing, why is Owen with you?" "Natalie had a little work to do, and she asked me to watch it, so I accepted!" "Okay!" Will went to get me the ring, and then Owen came back, "Hey, Uncle Jay, see what I got?" "Wow, she looks like mine!" "Yeah, and when I grow up I'll be like you?" "Hey, I thought you were going to be like me and Mom?" Will asked him as she tickled him, "Here's a success!" I got in the car and went home. I saw Hailey's car be there, so it was obviously home. When I entered the living room I saw her sleeping on the sofa so I wrapped her up and went to prepare everything. I looked at the weather and saw that it would not rain today, so I decided to do it in the yard. I had taken everything I needed for the perfect proposal. I made a path of roses that leads to the yard. I made a heart out of candles and wrote a note.

Hailey's POV:

When I woke up I saw a note next to me, "Follow the path" was written on it. I got up and followed her to the yard. When I went out I saw Jay in a tuxedo in the middle of a heart I approached him and asked, "Hey what's going on here?" "Just listen to me. Ever since we've been together, I've always told you that you're the man for me. That you are the love of my life. And now we're waiting for our little girl so Hailey Ann Upton, will you make me the happiest man in the world by marrying me? "Then he knelt down and took the ring out of his pants pocket. "I will marry you!" I said crying. He put the ring on my finger and kissed me. "I love you so much!" he said, "I love you too!" Then we had dinner because Jay had cooked and then we cleaned up and went upstairs to get ready for bed. I can't believe I'm going to marry him. For the man of my life Jay Halstead. We went to bed and fell asleep .

The next morning

Jay's POV:

I woke up and saw Hailey sleeping on my chest. I looked at her and still couldn't believe she said yes to the offer. I couldn't be happier than that. I will soon have a daughter with the one I love and that I will marry her. I felt her wake up. "Hey good morning!" "Good morning! How did you sleep?" she asked me, "Okay, what about you?" "Okay, my stomach just hurts a little!" "Hey, are you okay with just ..." she said and took my hand and put it on her stomach and "Did you feel it kicking?" "Yes, hey baby, be more careful with Mom!" I said, and Hailey smiled at me.

Hailey's POV:

One of the sweetest things Jay does is go down to my stomach and talk to the little princess. This is very sweet and considering that in the previous pregnancy I experienced hellish low back pain, this one did not exist. We got up and got to work. While I'm pregnant I'm at the desk but it doesn't bother me because that's how I know the baby and I are fine. We got in the car and drove to the district. When we went inside, Trudy greeted us, "Hey, how are the two girls?" "Okay. Hey, are you coming upstairs with us? "Of course!" We went up the stairs, "Hey people with Hailey, is there anything I need to tell you?" everyone turned and Voight left his office, "What's up?" "We're getting married!" I said, and everyone was very happy, "Let's see the ring!" Trudy said, "Here!" and I showed them, "Congratulations to both of you!" Voight said, "Thank you, Sergeant!" We said, "So when's the wedding?" "We haven't decided yet because we're expecting a baby!" I said.