Chapter 6: Friends

"So, where are we going?" Jimmy asked. They were all heading out to meet up with the friends Mizutsune had been talking about. The Wild Kratts had set up some sleeping bags in Mizutsune's room so they could sleep. So far, their stay at Dragonsreach had been great. In the couple of outings they'd had, they'd checked out a few stores, seen some art, and even went out to eat with a couple of bird wyverns. Ordering food had been a bit tricky, since all of the menus were written in Wyvernian and Aquatic, but they managed to work around it.

They had been flown up to the part of Dragonsreach that wasn't in the ravine and had come to what looked like a large, grassy park. One area had a large cluster of boulders on it, and sitting on and around those boulders were a large group of monsters. One of them, a large, golden wyvern with some red streaks on its face, turned and called out when he saw them.

"Hey! Guys! Over here!"

"Coming!" Glavenus called. "The humans are riding on my back, so I can't sprint!"

"Seregios! Haven't seen you in a long time!" Astalos ran up to the golden wyvern and hugged him.

"Well, I was pretty busy with the Sapphire Talons, you know."

"So these are the ones? The ones who can change into animals?" An orange wyvern with blue stripes and a head similar to that of a Tyrannosaurus rex lowered its head to their level.

"So, everyone, feel free to introduce yourselves." Mizutsune curled up on a large rock.

"My name's Seregios," said the golden wyvern.

"I'm Tigrex," said the orange wyvern.

"Jin'oga, but I prefer Zinogre." A lupine monster with blue scales, white fur, and yellow spikes and horns with some blue highlights on his throat and underbelly approached them. He jabbed a thumb back at a similar-looking wyvern that had black scales and silvery-gray spikes and horns with red highlights. "And that's my brother Stygian."

A black, panther-like wyvern with a beaklike mouth and red eyes raised its head. "I'm Nargacuga."

A blue crocodile-like leviathan with dull orange spikes and horns slid off of another boulder. "My name is Lagiacrus."

"We invited Rathalos and Rathian, but they said that they were too busy with their kids to come," Astalos explained.

From then on they had a great time. The monsters were friendly and also curious about them. Martin and Chris gladly showed off their Creature Powers, impressing them. Tigrex and Nargacuga invited them to sparring practice, which they accepted. After they could get some monster Creature Powers, of course.

-----------------------------------

Kirin peered over the crag he was sitting on down at a group of monsters. In their midst was a group of five humans, three men and two women. He watched as two of the humans seemingly used the vests they were wearing to transform into a myriad of animals, including a falcon, a bat, a tiger, a bear, a Komodo dragon, a snake, and many, many more.

Interesting, thought the elder dragon. There was something about the strange vests and disks that the men used to shapeshifte that was familiar, but he couldn't quite put his hoof on it.

Then it clicked. Two brothers who wield the powers of nature. Could this be them?

He stood up and dashed off. He had to tell Guanzorumu.