Chapter 41: Court Date

Aviva reviewed all the evidence they'd taken over the years of the villains' crimes, making sure that they had everything and that nothing had been stolen or missing or whatever. They'd stockpiled every implicating thing they could find, planning that if one day the villains went too far, then they could bring this to both the justice system and the media and effectively destroy them forever. It seemed like that day had come.

Rathalos's lawyer had gotten in touch with human authorities, with the request to review the evidence and make sure that nothing was faked. The results came back, showing that the evidence was squeaky clean.

The case was beginning in a few weeks, and Aviva wanted to be ready for any defense the villains might try, however nonsensical it might be. She didn't envy whoever had to be their lawyer for this trial, human or monster.

Martin suddenly burst into the room. "Hey Aviva! Come out here! Safi'jiiva's here!"

Aviva followed after him, wondering what had gotten him so excited, when she saw Safi'jiiva standing in front of Koki and Jimmy.

"What's the matter?" asked Aviva.

Safi'jiiva's face broke into a rare smile. "I will tell you another day. Come to Dead Man's Ravine, and you will see."