Chapter 7: Messenger

Kirin leaped from ledge to ledge up the mountain, cursing under his breath. There were far too many times where he wished that he could fly. It would make traveling long distances and scaling mountains much less of a pain.

Finally he came to the gates of the Heavenly Palace. The grey stone walls rose high above the clouds.

---------------------------------

"Your Everlasting Majesty?"

Guanzorumu looked up at the egyurasu guard. "What is the matter?"

"Kirin says that he has a very serious matter to discuss."

Guanzorumu raised a brow. "Hm? What is it?"

"I asked. He would not specify."

"Interesting. Let him come in."

The guard bowed then exited the room. In walked Kirin. The normally calm and collected phantom beast looked quite concerned. His ears twitched anxiously, his red eyes darted all over the place, and his nostrils were flared.

"Guanzorumu, when I was walking in the national park in Dragonsreach, I came across a group of monsters along with a group of humans. Two of the humans stated that they were brothers and they were wearing these strange black vests with a symbol resembling a cartoon paw print on the chest. These vests give their users the ability to shapshift into any animal they choose, should they have a sample of the animal's DNA and some sort of disk that matched the DNA."

"So are they making trouble? What is the serious part?"

"Do you perhaps recall the message sent to us by Archangel Uriel? The one that mentions the brothers who wield the powers of nature who would eventually need our aid?"

"Oh, yes! I remember now. I also have heard rumors of a small group of mechanical men who seemingly kidnapped five humans. The makers of those mechanical men are no doubt their enemies."

"Yes. So what must we do?"

"Were you able to identifying the monsters speaking to them?"

"Some of them. Tamamitsune, Hellblade, Soulseer, Boltreaver, and Astalos."

"Very well then. I will send them a message and ask them about the matter. If the humans are staying with them, then I will send some of my guard to escort them to my palace on whatever date they choose. Then we shall explain the matter."

"But they will not believe us. They are the kind to deny supernatural phenomena even as it happens right before their eyes."

"Then we will show them something so undeniably supernatural that they will have no choice but to accept the truth. That is why I will ask the other dragons to come. Including the black dragons and Safi'jiiva."

Kirin nodded. "Very well then. I apologize if I disturbed you."

Guanzorumu laughed. "No, no, not at all. In fact, I enjoyed your coming. I am rarely visited anymore."

Kirin smiled and bowed. "Farewell, then."

"Farewell."