Chapter 10: Colossus

"There they are," snarled Astalos. He, the rest of the Fated Four, the Wild Kratts, and a few others had traveled to a forest north of Dragonsreach to investigate recent rumors of a massive metal monster that had been plowing through swaths of wilderness. Unfortunately, it looked like those rumors were true.

Martin checked his pocket and sighed, relieved that he had remembered to bring the scale Astalos had given him. The Electricity Wyvern Power Disk was already in his suit. He sprang out from his hiding place.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Chris demanded.

Tigrex stepped out behind him and pointed a claw at a nearby village. "Can you not see?! There's a village full of monsters there! There are children living there!"

"If they're all beasts like you then I don't care," spat Paisley.

Martin looked over at the monsters. Mizutsune and Gammoth both looked shocked and horrified, Astalos, Seregios, and Nargacuga looked offended, and Glavenus and Tigrex were outraged.

"You don't care? YOU DON'T CARE?!" Tigrex roared, his voice causing the ground to shake under them. He leaped forward, trying to get to Paisley and Rex.

Paisley's calm, smug demeanor vanished. "Rex, get us away from here!"

"On it!" Rex frantically pushed a bunch of buttons and the paver they were standing on started reversing. At the same time a large group of smaller pavers started speeding towards them. Martin touched the scale in his pocket and pressed the activation button on his suit. Once he was transformed into an electricity wyvern he flew up into the sky to pursue the large paver, Astalos following closely after him.

"They're the ones who give you so much trouble?" Astalos gestured with his crest at Paisley.

"Yep."

Martin charged up his head, then shot a bolt of lightning down at the paver, careful not to hit the two people standing atop it.

"Paisley hates standing on unpaved ground, so just follow the pavement," Martin explained. Astalos nodded and dove after them.

------------------------------------------

Jimmy smashed another paver in his talons. He'd never tried a Creature Power Suit before, and this was even better than he'd expected. He roared at another paver, sending it flying backwards towards Aviva, who quickly sliced it to ribbons.

"I think that's the last one." Nargacuga looked around, then seemed to spot something. He pointed to the sky. "What is that?"

A mannequin was starting to approach them.

"That's one of Donita's mannequin bots! They shoot things that look like pink energy bolts that'll freeze you if they hit you."

"I see," growled the swift wyvern, who then promptly leaped high into the air and sliced it in half. He looked to the sky again, his eyes narrowing. There were a lot more coming right at them.

------------------------------------------

Astalos dove under a pose beam and unleashed another barrage of lightning. He'd delt with small, fast flyers before, in groups, no less, as well as small, fast projectiles, but never so many at once. He was doing well though, taking large groups of mannequins out of commission, but there just seemed to be no end to how many were coming after them. Just them a larger-set, black robot came flying at him. He crushed it in his talons and growled.

Zachbots. Again.

More came flying after him. Luckily they were about as intelligent as a drunk deer, so it was easy to get them all clustered up so he could electrocute them.

------------------------------------------

Jimmy and Tigrex roared at the same time, shattering the robots. Seregios and Koki fired their razor-sharp scales at any who got too close. Finally the rush of robots stopped.

Astalos and Martin flew back. Then-

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

"What is that?" Astalos turned, then his jaw dropped.

Walking towards them was a colossus of a robot. The very same one that Martin had seen them building.

"Isn't that the robot that they were building?" Aviva stepped back.

Nargacuga growled. "It doesn't matter. We're still going to destroy it."

Tigrex leaped up onto the robot, clawing and biting at it. It grabbed him and held him at arms length while the enraged wyvern tore at its wrist, his claws slowly tearing away at the metal and reaching the delicate circuitry underneath. But Zach didn't seem to notice and laughed, sitting atop a Zachbot flying in the air.

"Your puny monster powers can't beat me now, Wild Rats!"

Seregios snarled. He usually didn't have to resort to this, but he had no other choice. He turned to the rest of the group.

"Leave this to me."