Chapter 24: Panacea

"So, are you some kind of healer?" asked Chris. Safi'jiiva had promised to show them his bioenergy powers. Chris still doubted if bioenergy really was a metaphysical substance and was what souls were made from like the dragon claimed and had brought a few scientific instruments to try and measure it.

Safi'jiiva landed on the balcony of a hospital. The guards bowed and moved aside so he could enter. Martin looked around the hospital. "Safi'jiiva, where are you going?"

"To the emergency room, of course."

--------------------------------------------

Martin and Chris slid off Safi'jiiva's back. They were next to a fanged wyvern who had what looked like third-degree burns all long their limbs, tail, upper torso, and neck. Chris was recording a video with his Creature Pod and had set up the equipment.

The red dragon examined the wyvern for a bit, before the seams between the dragon's scales began to glow blue. The glow from the rest of his body faded and seemed to flow down into his talons. He placed a hand over the wyverns chest and the blue light seemed to flow from his claws to the monster's burnt skin. Chris grew slack-jawed as the blackened flesh turned back to normal and knitted itself back together. He checked the instruments he'd set up. They weren't detecting anything, but the video feed on his Creature Pod was picking up the blue light.

A minute and a half later there was no sign of the burns ever existing. Safi'jiiva moved on to the other patients, doing the same thing he did. After healing a few dozen patients, he seemed exhausted and crouched down to allow them to get back onto his back.