Betty POV

Betty smiled to herself as she turned the corner ready to head to homeroom excited for the first day of senior year, and stopped dead in her tracks. The smile faded off her face. There in front of her was her boyfriend. Except he was kissing someone else.

________Flashback________
"Do you want to dance Betty?" James asked her. They were at the homecoming dance junior year. She nodded. The song came on and she broke out in a smile. It was her favorite song.

"I love this song!" Betty says. James just smiles.

After the song they go and sit down. "That was awesome." James says.

"Thanks!" Betty says.

"Oh! So there is this new movie coming out. Do you want to come to the movies with me this weekend?" James says.

"Sure!" Betty says. "What movie?"

"Um I think it is called The Last Great American Dynasty. It is a documentary but it is supposed to be really good."
_______End of flashback______

It took a moment to set in and once it did the world started spinning around Betty. She put her hand against the wall to steady herself. She turned around and rushed into the bathroom as tears began to fill her eyes. Inez was right, James had been cheating on her. She dabbed at her tears with her cardigan.

________Flashback________
"James, Inez has been sending me these weird texts." Betty says cuddling up next to him on her couch as they watch a movie.

"Oh?" James says, looking down at Betty. "What do the texts say?"

"Ya. The texts are saying weird stuff like you are cheating." Betty says. James suddenly tenses next to her and holds his breath. "I told her it was all untrue though and that you would never do that." James then relaxes and breaths.

"Of course baby. I would never do that to you. You heard the rumor from Inez, you can't believe a word she says most times."
_______End of flashback______

Clearly this time was true. For the past few weeks she had been trying to reassure herself that the spark that lit up his eyes wasn't fading when they saw each other, but clearly she was wrong. She had been trying to convince herself that it was only the light because she had no idea what would happen if James and her broke up they had been together for a year.

She quickly got out her phone and texted her best friend Dorothea.

Come to the bathroom quickly.

Not even a minute later Dorothea came into the bathroom.

"Oh Betty. I'm so sorry." Dorothea said with a silent understanding. Betty had been telling her all about Inez.

"I thought Inez was wrong. Why can't it be this time that it was a rumor?" Betty wailed.

"Oh honey. I'm so sorry. He is the one who lost you." Dorothea said, trying to reassure Betty. 

"I'm just not cut out for these hunters with cell phones." Betty said with tears running down her face.

"Come on honey. Let's clean you up, you got to go to class eventually. Homeroom was the only class you have with James. Do you know who the girl was?"

"No. Inez probably knows her." Betty said, thinking of the school's biggest drama queen hence knowing all rumors.

Nobody liked her, but she was the only way to figure out things the others weren't saying. Betty hated her because Inez had once created the biggest rumor about her. The only bad part was that the rumor was true and that was the part that hurt the most.

They walked out of the bathroom and headed on their way to homeroom.

A\N
Hi! This is my first story! Have fun reading and please don't comment anything offensive!
- 28_pa_13