James POV

James knew something was wrong when Betty got into the homeroom. For one thing she was late. For another she had red eyes. His heartbeat sped up with concern. After class, he would talk to her. Thankfully the class went by quickly as there was only 2 minutes left. Once the bell rang he grabbed his things and ran over to Betty.

Betty looked over and then put her head down and started packing up quicker "Leave me alone." She was close to tears now.

"No! Why were you crying babe?" James asked, now very concerned. He looked up at the clock. Only a minute till he was supposed to be in class, and he couldn't be late on the first day. But he knew that this was more important.

"Well... Wouldn't you like to know? Oh, wait! You do know!" Betty retorts, slamming down her backpack. James tilts his head confused. "I found out about the girl James. Now are you going to tell me who she is or should I just go?"

"Betty! No it was stupid. And it was just that once. I'm only 17, I don't know anything." James says, turning embarrassed that he had been so careless.

________Flashback________
"Augusta this can only be a one time thing." James says over the phone.

"Ok James. Whatever you say. I had just needed someone last night. It won't happen again." Augusta said.

"Ugg. No, I'm serious Augusta!" James says mad.

"Fine! I told you it was a one time thing!" Augusta retorts.

"Gotta go. Bye!" James says quickly hanging up.

He picks up his skateboard and leaves his house headed to the park.
________End of flashback________

"Oh sure." Betty says back. "Inez has been telling me for the whole summer that you have been cheating, I just thought this was a rumor just like everything else she says. But I guess not. So answer the big question. Who is she?"

"You can't believe a word she says, most times, but this time, it's true." James mutters.

"Ok. So who is this girl you had a summer fling with?" Betty asks.

"Augusta." James mumbles. "Don't get mad at her. I didn't tell her about us. It was only supposed to be a one time thing."

"AUGUSTA?!?!?! Seriously James you couldn't find anyone else to cheat on me with?" Betty whispers screams.

"What!" James said groaning.

"She is annoying!" Betty spits.

"Seriously? Whatever." James says pissed off. He rolls his eyes.

"Agh!! She is also the exact opposite of me." Betty mutters.

"What's bad about that?" James asks.

"Like she likes pop, I like country. She is a cheerleader but I rarely do school sports. Or she likes romance, I like horror. Or she cares what people think of her, but I could care less." Betty says.

"Well you know what. I saw you dancing with him, Betty, last year. What was I supposed to think? Also you were gone for the summer. I didn't know what was happening." James says.

"I thought we we just taking a break James." Betty says with tears in her eyes. She didn't want James to see how he had hurt her, so she said, "I have to go."  She quickly walked out of class.

James groaned as Betty walked away. Why had he been so foolish? He asked himself. He knew the answer to that, he wanted to be noticed. Betty had been gone for then summer and James wanted to be wanted.

****third person******

Betty was so mad. She didn't understand what Augusta had that she didn't. There had been happiness because of James but she wasn't sure if there was going to be happiness after him. She looked outside and saw that it was pouring outside. She groaned. Luckily she only had one other class today because it was the first day.

Meanwhile James knew he messed up bad. He would eventually have to explain. But for now he didn't so he opened up his phone, put on music, put his earbuds in, and left school. He knew skipping on the first day was bad but he had barely any classes today.

Meanwhile Augusta knew none of this. All she knew was that she felt special when she was with James, and when she was with everyone else she felt like a clone. The only problem with being with James was that she felt like something was wrong in her heart, not the fact that she was the person James was cheating with but something else.

Inez just wanted to know everything. Gossiping was the only thing she knew how to do. She had been doing it since middle school. But she felt bad for Betty. Betty was kind and not rude like Augusta. She wanted to help Betty some way.

None of them knew what was going to happen, the heartbreak and love that was to come. The tears and smiles too. For now they were just sad.

Nobody teaches you what to do when a good man hurts you. So now Betty and Augusta were struggling with what they needed to do.

A\N
Hope you liked it! It was a little longer this time!