Betty pov

"Hi Dorothea." Betty says. It is the next week.

"Hi Betty!" Dorothea says. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Betty says. "I've had some time to think everything over and I chatted with Augusta-

"You did what?!?" Dorothea says surprised.

"Ya." Betty says. "She texted me and we talked and I actually am starting to like her."

Dorothea raises her eyebrows unsure. "I promise!" Betty says.

They walk to homeroom. But on the way there they get stoped.

"Hi Betty!" James says. Betty rolls her eyes.

"What the frick do you want?" Betty says really annoyed.

"I want to give you this." James says. He hands the envelope to Betty.

"Ok?" Betty says confused. She walked away with Dorothea. "That was so weird."

"I know right? Open it up and see what it is." Dorothea says.

"Ok!" Betty says. She opens it and starts reading.

Dear Betty,

"Frick!" Betty mutters. "He wrote me a letter."

"What?" Dorothea says. "Let me see!" Dorothea grabs it and starts reading it. "Eww!"

"I know!" Betty says. "I'll read it later."

——After school——

Betty was not exited to read the letter. James must be a idiot to think she would forgive him if that was what he wanted.

She opened the letter and sat down on her bed.

Dear Betty,

I need to tell you what happened. I know you hate me but it is so important to me.

It all started so stupidly. I was mad that you were dancing with Logan. So I ran and went to her. She was willing to talk and I knew you were too but I didn't want to talk to you.

Then the days turned into nights, I slept next to her but dreamt of you all summer long.

What can I do to fix it? I know I f up. I want you so bad.Remember when we walked along the streets? When we were happy? Or when you threw your arms around my neck, back when I deserved it?

When we were happy? Goodbye is so much harder now.

James

Betty wiped her eyes. She wasn't going back to James. But it was nice to know how much he cared. She did remember all those days. She treasured them so much. But she knew it was time to make some new memories.

She knew she had to write back to him.

James,
That I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale. I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet. Lead her up the stairwell. This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town. I was a dreamer before you went and let me down. Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around.

You will always be in my heart but I can't date you anymore.

Forever and always,
Betty

She sealed the letter and put it in an envelope, addressed it, and brought it to the mailbox.

She called Augusta.

"Hey!" Betty said.

"Hi!"

"Do you want to come and watch a movie tonight?" Betty says.

"Sure! Do you want me to bring anything?" Augusta said.

"Nope! I got it all." Betty says.

"Ok see you then!"

Betty hangs up and starts to get ready. 20 minute later Augusta shows up.

"What do you want to watch?" Betty says.

"I don't care." Augusta says.

"Ok. Um do you want to watch Netflix?" Betty asks.

"Sure!" Augusta says. They get settled down with popcorn and beanbag chairs in Betty's room.

A\N
Hope you like this chapter!