Augusta POV

J - Meet me behind the mall

A - ok 5 min

J - 😘

Augusta loved meeting James behind the mall. It all had started a few moths ago in June. She had stayed home from her family vacation and had the house to herself. She had invited James over once but once had turned into Illicit Affairs. Over the summer it had happened so many times. And he had told her not to tell anyone. Now school started.

________Flashback________
When they got to school they went into a quiet hallway and a quick kiss had started to turn into something more. But then they had heard a gasp and they stopped a minute after that. Augusta couldn't figure out who the person was but she wasn't worried.
________End of flashback_______

When Augusta got to the mall James started kissing. They had only been together for a few moths but she had him memorized. His soft lips and his green eyes against her blue ones. She started to lean in to the kiss but he backed out.

"James." Augusta said.

"Augusta."

"What do you want James?" She says.

"We can't do this anymore Augusta."

"What? Why?"

"I can't and Betty is back and she found out I cheated." James says ashamed.

"Back up. Back up. You are dating Betty? You never told me that! I thought you broke up!" Augusta says, now pissed off.

"Ya. Well I thought we were but I guess we weren't."Jame says ashamed. "Betty was the one for me. I promised her that and she found out."

"You know what James, Frick off! I knew we weren't long for this fling we had, but not telling me you were dating Betty! Now I am going to get hell at school for being the girl you cheated on Betty with. That's not good James." Augusta yells. "I canceled plans just in case you called. Get away!" Augusta gets into her car and slams the door.

5 minutes later she pulled into the park parking lot and sat there for a moment before bursting into tears. She had given him everything she had. And now he was changing his mind. It was shaping up to be a Cruel Summer.

The whole summer she tried convincing herself that nothing was off but this was proof that something was wrong. Augusta knew that something was more off then the fact that James had been cheating.

Something in her heart. Something that she knew about and Augusta knew that if she told people then there was the chance that her social status would go down.

She had only had one crush and it was with her best friend Abigail. James was purely a distraction.

She pulled out her phone and texted Inez.

AUGUSTA- Hi!
AUGUSTA- Do you think I could have Betty's number?
INEZ- sure **********
AUGUSTA- thx!

She enters Betty's number into her phone and then texts her next.

AUGUSTA- hi this is Augusta
BETTY- oh wat do u want
AUGUSTA- i just want to say sorry
BETTY- what?!?!
AUGUSTA- ya I just want to apologize so do u think we could meet up maybe
BETTY- ok i guess does today in a hour work
AUGUSTA- perfect thx

———
Augusta arrived at the cafe a few minutes before she was supposed to. Betty arrived a minute later.

"Hi." Betty said shyly.

"Hi!" Augusta says. "I'm so glad we could meet up!"

"Me too. So I need the whole story." Betty says.

"Ok. I guess I'll start with the dance. I was driving past and he was sitting on the sidewalk. I offered to talk and so we drove. Then we kept meeting up over the summer. To be honest I thought you guys broke up. He said that you fought and he thought you broke up. But any who we hung out over the summer. Then we just like broke up I guess if that is what you want to call it. We fought and he said he wanted you back. So I left." Augusta says.

"Oh. I think like I am suppose to hate you but I don't. Like you are really kind and you had no clue. James is a jerk." Betty says.

"Ya. He apologizes for everything so he doesn't look like the bad guy." Augusta says. She tightly smiles.

"We might as well get some food and get to know each other." Betty says smiling.

"Sounds good!" Augusta says.

A\N
I hope you like this!! Now you get the view of Augusta! I also am so so sorry if you are confused with the timeline. I am trying to explain everything and I think that is confusing me a lot.