2025 - Betty

__2025 Nashville TN__
Betty had graduated from college 2 months before and now she was headed home to say goodbye before she went with Augusta to New York Fashion Week where Augusta was modeling Betty's clothes. They had both succeeded.

Betty had succeeded well in college, and had become very close with Inez surprisingly. They bonded over many things and Inez had grown closer while Dorothea grew further away, in distance and friendship.

Betty wanted to say goodbye to the town - maybe for forever. She was ready to travel the world with Augusta. She had left all of the James drama behind her.

She was headed to the cafe where she first hung out with Augusta. She was going to get a coffee, then get a few things from home before getting out of the terrible town. She had loved the town as a kid but then she realized how terrible it was. That was also what she found about the world. As a kid you are ready to leave but then as you leave you realize that you are not ready to go.

She wanted to grab a few important things from het house before she left. She opened the door to the cafe and stood in line to order. She got to the front and ordered her Caramel iced coffee. Then she waited and stood to the side. She looked around blanking until she head a voice she hadn't heard in 4 years. It was Inez's voice.

"Hey Inez!" Betty called.

"Omg Betty! I haven't seen you in years, you look so different!" Inez said. It was true. Betty had died her hair lavender and she had gotten a nose ring.

"Ya. I found my place. I was done pretending to be something I wasn't." Betty said. "How about you Inez? How's life?"

"Pretty good! I am engaged! I met him in college, but I think you would like him." Inez says.

"Congrats! I would love to meet him! And I'm sure Augusta would too!" Betty says.

"That would be so fun! We should definitely get together soon!" Inez says.

"Sounds good! I have to go." Betty says.

"Ok! Have fun and see you soon." Inez says. They quickly hug and Betty leaves.

She walks over to her car and gets in, heading down the familiar road to her house ghat she had driven so many times. She planed it so that her parents would be out when she grabbed her things.

She arrived at her house and grabbed her keys. She opened the door and went to her room. She was going to spend some time looking at things. Her parents were at church and it could take hours to finish. She walked into her room and tears immediately came to her eyes. There was so many memories in the room.

She opened up her closet and grabbed a bag. She then started looking through her desk drawers and started dropping things into her bag. And then she stoped. It was her diary from senior year. She opened it up to the bookmarked page. She always bookmarked where she was in writing it.

Dear diary,
I am so scared. Tomorrow I want to come out but I don't know what is going to happen. It is time to tell them. I have been dating Augusta for 2 weeks and I don't want to hide it anymore. I want to tell someone. I told Dorothea today and she was so happy for me. I hope they can too!

She had been so scared to tell them, and it didn't help that she didn't know how her parents were going to react. By now the tears were falling fast and hard. She had to get out of the house. She grabbed a few other things and started to leave when she heard a noise. It was her parents. She had to go now. She snuck out quickly, happy that she parked down the street.

She got into the car and wiped her eyes. It had been a terrible trip down memory lane but she had to do it. She was going to spend the night in a hotel and then in the morning head to the airport to meet Augusta in New York. Now that the knew Inez was in town maybe she could drag her to come along. After all Betty was just taking a private plane and she had plenty of space.

Betty would just text Inez and then maybe go see her. But first she wanted to go to the park. She quickly drove their and got out of her car. Right next to her was another person getting out of her car, someone Betty knew.

A\N
There you go! I am going to try to post daily because there is only a few chapters left! A cliffhanger, I have been wanting to do one and there it is. Who do you think it is????