Not Him Again

(Woof. Reached almlst 100 votes so let the story begin)

"He did it AGAIN!" I angrily chomp down on my snacks.

"Seriously?" Kaori shook her head.

"Im gonna kill him. I swear to God I'm gonna kill him"

"You shouldn't be eating so many snacks before the gala or you'll get caught with crumbs on you again"

"We have 20 till the gala. I'll be fine. If I'm not eating snacks now I KNOW I'm hangout out next to the snack table at the gala. The media is just going to have to deal with the fact I feed myself"

"What are you going to do if you see him there?"

"I have half a mind not to pluck him like the chicken he is"

"Better be careful. Hawks has a lot of crazy fans. If someone heard you you'd be under fire" she rolled her eyes

"He gets away with everything. If he steals another villian capture from me I swear I'm gonna-"

"Going to what? The commission won't care. Hawks can't be touched. You'd only be risking your reputation"

"I want to shred one of his feathers barb by barb"

"Come on. Let's get going" Kaori fixed her earring, "I really don't want to be late"

We headed out from her place to the gala. I hate these events but they are AMAZING for PR. People like to see their favorite heroes in New outfits and looking picture ready. Plus this is good for forming team ups.

On arrival I walked down the carpet with a smile. I hate these, to many people, fancy clothes. I just want to go home and nap. I meet with my PR manager smiling, "Hey Akio. How's things going?"

"Marketing is having problems. We want to also add more to your brand. Merch sales are plummeting since the new ranks came out. You've never been in the top 10 but you've been able to keep a good following. Problem is you haven't had a good team up in forever. Public is thinking other heros don't like you"

"Yeah, thanks for pointing that out" I roll my eyes, "I don't really care how we fix it. I mean, a team up would be good right?"

"The agency has a few ideas. I'm going to go around and contact a few agency heads to see if they have any ideas on how to help"

"Sounds good. Thank you a lot"

"No problem. Just... don't get into any trouble? Talk, be friendly, the usual" Aiko got up and went off to mingle.

I locked eyes on the food table and went that way. Loading my plate with the snackables a voice broke my train of thought.

"How can they not have chicken nuggets? They are practically THE best snack food"

I looked up and right across the table from me was the winged hero Hawks. He was dressed nice but he kept a very casual air about him.

"I see how it is, we have a veggie tray, but not a bucket of chicken" he grumbled to himself. He looked up and our eyes met, "Heyo, hero galas am I right?" He smiled.

I huff and walk away. Boy doesn't ever recognize me either. 5 times, 5 times we've met when he's stolen the Villain I was taking down. I will chase the guy down and out of nowhere red fucking feathers catch the guys and I'm left in the street while Hawks takes all the credit.

This whole thing blows. I spent my time walking around and chatting for an hour before finally being done and heading out. Kaori didn't seem to mind since she at least had Sir Nighteye there to chat with. I didn't talk to many in my agency. Which is probably the root of my PR problem. I just want a nap.