Stories

(Not an accurate representation. I did research but have not dealt with this personally)

I stretch getting off the sucky hospital overnight bed, then again it's better than the waiting room chairs. Though I'll admit I haven't slept much in the past 2 and a half weeks. Nightmares of what happened keep plaguing me.

"Morning" I sit on the bed next to her comatose form, "I slept well...I dreamed you woke up again. I know I shouldn't. It gets my hopes up. I like to imagine what will happen when you wake up...if you wake up"

I sigh heavily staring at the nurse board. Great, Yuuri comes in today. They do a shitty job.

"Im glad your breathing is more regulated at least. They said you won't need the ventilator" I smile lightly.

"Hey, you doing ok?" Koji spoke up from the doorway

I wipe at the tear that had been there since I woke up, "Yeah, I'm fine"

"I brought you something to eat. Also another book to read"

"Thanks man. Appreciate it"

"How is she?"

"Doc said brain activity was 40% but I think it was a fluke. It had to be"

"Hawks..." Koji sat in one of the chairs, "Look man...im worried about you. What if... she never wakes up?"

"She will...she has to"

"But-"

"I need to explain it to her...we were finally getting somewhere"

"Can you tell me why you two even fought?"

"That villain is the reason" I seethe just thinking about it

"That villain was after-"

"No, she was the one to start it. She attacked me in the dressing room" I grip the fabric of my pants to stop myself from quaking, "She fucking tricked me, tricked us"

"How?"

"She pretended to be my stylist. She pinned and straddled my lap right as (Y/N) came in. It was a complete misunderstanding. Apparently she wanted us to leave and settle the issue elsewhere instead of me bringing the issue to the stage"

I flinch when something wet lands on my flexed hand. I'm crying again. Of fucking course, "If I had just fucking left...if I had just done that... then (Y/N) wouldn't have been hurt"

"You had no idea-"

"I should have killed her before she got back, or just fucking knocked her out at least" my voice cracked awfully as I wipe my tears with my sleeve

"You didn't know"

"I should have, she was dangerous. Her quirk is to manipulate the dead! I should have seen it coming. Those leaves were just the beginning"

"And if you weren't there then her plan to make an undead army would have came to fruition"

"I don't care!" I hiss hating myself for how much the words rang true, "I don't care about being a hero if I can't save the one person I fucking love"

Koji stood beside me rubbing my back, "I know...you can't change the past though. You can only live with the consequences"

"It should have been me"

"Dont say that"

"Its true! It should have been me!"

"Who was the one who got her to the hospital at top speed? It was you. She has a chance at survival because of you"