Missing Her

{Jonathan's POV}

"Do you think it's wrong to miss her?" I ask Reagan. She stares at me like I'm some dumb idiotic creature from another universe. Too far? "Uh, no! She's your bestest friend. Like your sister. No matter what that stuck up Sheila and her friends say, there's nothing wrong with missing her. Besides, you do like her." She says with a teasing smile. I look away. "What does it matter. She doesn't like me." I say quietly.
"You know, you should tell her."
"Why?"
"Just so she knows someone's there for her. Im that kind of way."
"Eh."
"Come on. You've gotta tell her soon. Or else..."
"Or else what?"
"Or else. She might like someone else."
"So? I'm not gonna base my feelings on what she feels. I've liked her ever since and it stays that way. Whether she likes me back or not. And, I can't force her to like me." I say matter of factly.
"Ugh. Fine. But let's say she does like you. Would you tell her?"
"I don't know. But if I want to tell her, I'm gonna tell her on a special day."
She smiles like she's planning someone. "So, you're saying, you could just fly to Paris on her birthday, give her a hug, tell her what you feel about her then give her a kiss?" She asks nudging my arm. I smack her arm away.
"No. Well, not all that. You know her, she doesn't want all that sweet romantic stuff. Not too much, anyway."
"Oh, yeah. Well, you gotta tell her soon, lover boy." She says standing up. "I gotta go. Catch ya later." I say goodbye and just continue to look out at sea. I'm sitting on a rock in Stella's favorite place.

I miss her so badly. Seeing her smile, hearing her sarcasm, having my sister to be there for me, to encourage me when I feel like I'm ready to quit especially in football, and when I have problems. It's so hard without her. "Hey." Gabe comes up to me. Like Stella is my sister, Gabe's my older brother. He came back last week. He stays in his dorm in his college and so do I. But on weekends, we come back home and we stay in their house. "Hey." I reply. He sits beside me. "So, you miss my little sis so badly, huh." He says smiling at me. "Yeah. I missed your family to be exact. But yes, I do miss her too." I admit. He laughs. "You'd better tell her soon." He says. I smile. "Reagan said the same thing."
"Why won't you tell her?" He asks.
"I don't know. I feel like it should be at the right time."
He nods. "Good. I'm her older brother and I'm not gonna let anything happen to her, whether physically, mentally, or emotionally. And that goes for you too. You know that." He says. I laugh. "I know." I say.
"Good." He says patting me on the back.
"Do you think she likes someone else?" I ask him. He looks out to the sea while the sun sets. "She always shares something if she likes someone. But so far, none. All I know is, Frank is making her feel uncomfortable. Not in the bad way, just that she's not used to him being so sporty. Especially since he was a nerd since elementary days. Bur as for crushes, I don't think she has any right now. But in my opinion, I'd prefer her to be with you. Because I know you so well." He says still smiling a teasing smile. I laugh. "Thanks, bro." I say. He gives me a bro hug. "I'm not saying you're the one for her, but if there was anyone I could choose for her, anyone that she knows of, it would be you. I know you so well." He says. "Thanks again. That really does make me feel better." I say laughing. "You know just what to say." I say waving goodbye to him. What a different conversation I've had today. Not weird or awkward, just different from our usual conversations. And it also makes me miss her more. I'm sorry if it seems so cheesy, but it's true.

I get up. I walk back to the house. Slowly. I prepare for tomorrow. Back to the dorm. I don't have any dorm mates or anything, so I'm alone. I ready my bags with the clothes, and belongings I need for tomorrow. Even my books. I have a quick review then eat dinner.

My parents and Julie are already eating. "Why do you have to live in a dorm? Why can't you stay here?" Julie asks, for like the -illionth time. "The school's a bit far, Jul. And remember, I come back on weekends." I say stuffing food into my mouth after a short prayer. She nods snd continues eating, in silence. Soon, dinner's over and I head to the Philips' house. Gabe and I spend the nights there because it's so empty.

I change for bed then soon, as my head hits the pillow, I fall asleep. And surprisingly, my dream is none other than about her. Thank You Lord for my life.

The next day, I drive to school. I fix my stuff in my room then head to class. It feels good yet pressuring to be in college. But, it's also hard. Especially since Sheila and her gang is here in the same school as I am. And she's a cheerleader and I'm still a football player. Ugh. Ew. Anyway, class starts at 8. 10 minutes left.

"Hey, Jonathan. Wanna sit together in class?" Sheila comes up. I smile politely. "I don't know. Depends." I say. "Depends on what? Stella isn't here anymore. Probably won't come back." She says turning to Kathy and the others, they share a joke and laugh. "Come on, Jon." She says linking her arm through mine. I walk to class awkwardly. Oh, great. Why oh why did you have to leave Aster? Now I'm stuck with her. Ugh. Class begins. Another year. College. Without her.

--- another shorter chapter. I'm not so good at making sweet scenes and such but I hope you all stick with me till the end. Please comment some "scenes" you want me to include:) ---