eleven

The last time I remembered coming to the Plaza was probably about a year ago. Despite, it being one of the largest shopping malls in town which also practically owned by my best friend's family, the place was far too luxurious and superior for my own taste. It was not those kind of places where you could feel free to roam around in a pair of sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt— the outfit I most of the times preferred. The mall represented luxury brands and services only. Therefore, you probably got the idea of the vibe it carried.

Stepping inside the building, I believed if we were back in biblical time— that was exactly how Jesus would feel like whenever he stepped into the room. Everyone bowed respectfully at Luke's presence meanwhile I, received a few looks and a lot of weird glaring.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Serrano." The ladies who stood behind the reception desk greeted us. Actually, she greeted Luke but did not fail to acknowledge my awkward presence as I stood behind him, "And this beautiful lady must be.."

"Her name is London." Luke said. His tone was firm, loud, and clear, "She is Liam's fiancée."

As if the people there had seen ghosts, their eyes widened in absolute horror. The lady then quickly flashed me an apologetic smile.

"Oh my— forgive me, Mrs. Luciano." She said and her glance shifted immediately downward as if she had been caught committing a crime and was testifying herself before the judge.

"Please, don't apologize." I smile weakly, "You did not do anything wrong."

And by the look on her face, I already was preparing myself for an earful 'thank you' but lucky for me, Luke decided to drag my away.

With his hand gently guided me by placing it behind my back, we headed toward the elevator.

"Are you planning on telling me why are we here?" I chuckled as he nudged me to step forward and got inside the elevator where we were greeted once again but this time, it was a group of men.

"To which floor, sir?" One of them looked over to ask Luke.

"Third." He simply replied and the guy nodded before pressed the button which led us to floor number three.

"Please, tell me we're not here to shop." I sighed as soon as the elevator came to a stop and reached the third floor. When the door slide opened, I nearly gasped at the view.

The Plaza third floor, or known as the most exclusive and private shopping center, not just anybody could have access to. This area of the building was limited only to the trusted customers. The only way to gain access to this floor was either you had the connection directly to Luciano's household or you took part of their social groups. Words had it that the membership alone caused nearly two grand a month— so if it wasn't because of Luke or my parents, I could never ever see myself go anywhere near that floor.

"You're acting as if you have never been here before." I heard Luke chuckling from behind before he joined me.

"Yes but every time I'm here, I came with either Papa or Mama." I muttered, still gaping at the gigantic chandelier hanging down the center of the building. I mean— how many light bulbs did they use and god, how many carats of were diamonds were just floating up there, "I could never understand how much luxurious one need just to come shopping."

Staring back at Luke, I narrowed my glance at the way he was grinning at me. It was like he was planning something in his head silently.

"Well, you tell me, Miss London as today you are going to be our customer." He smirked and I frowned.

Then it slowly hit me— what he meant.