twenty-four

"You put your life in danger. You put your friend's life in danger. What the hell were you thinking?!"

That morning, I remembered waking up with a throbbing headache, sore legs and arms and exactly, that cold deadly voice. No further guessing was needed for me to be able to tell who it was. The only person who would have the nerve to use that tone around this house couldn't be anyone else apart from him.

"Are you seriously blaming it all on me right now?!" Another voice yelled and I immediately recognized it to be Giovanna's.

Slowly, I sat up from my bed and began to take a look around. The familiar sight of my organized bedroom and a worried look on Pyper's face were the first two things that came to my view.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's Master Liam and Miss Giovanna, Miss." Pyper tiredly sighed and she didn't need to say more than that to get me out of bed.

"Miss, I don't think you should go out there."

"It's okay, Pyper. It's not like Liam is going to hurt me or anything." I said, shaking her off as I made my way toward the door, "Also, I am as much to blame as Giovanna. It was both of our ideas to go to that stupid party together."

"But I don't think Master would want you—"

"It doesn't matter what does he want." My hand gripped tightly around the doorknob before I twisted it easily, "It's not fair for Giovanna to take all the blame alone."

Pyper looked at me. She knew by how hard I was fighting, there was no way she would succeed in convincing me otherwise. So instead of keep arguing, she came accompanying me and we both stepped outside together all at once.

"You were drunk. Wasted!"

Liam's shouting, I could hear it thudding down the hallway. His voice only got louder and louder, the closer I got to them.

"Not only that you didn't help London but you were a burden! If she wasn't there, who the hell knows what could have happened to you?!"

"I said I am sorry for a thousand times already. What else do you want from me, Liam?!" Giovanna hissed back.

Stepping in between the scene felt to me like stepping in the middle of an ongoing battlefield. It took every fibers of my being to force me to open my mouth and say something.

"Liam, I—"

"Where was your phone yesterday?" His sharp voice cut me off before it successfully, delivering a cold chill down my spine. I never really truly get it, how did it feel to be afraid of someone so badly that your body automatically reacted to them without needing to check with your brain first.

My body reacted to him. Everything about him evoked the worst fear in me divergently.

"I had it with me. I just-"

"I have called you seventeen times yesterday. Sent you countless messages and you could not take a second to response to any of that?"

The way his question rolled of his tongue was suggesting me that he didn't want to hear my answer but it was a rather a sarcastic insult.

"I am so sorry, Liam." I pleaded, stepping toward him but then my heart clenched when he quickly backed away.

He hated me.

He probably did now and somehow, the thought of him disliking my guts made me felt sick to my stomach.

"Liam, I am sor-"

"You don't say sorry when it comes to this type of thing, London!" He growled and immediately, I shut up, "You could have died there! You know that right?" He repeated angrily and this time, I just slowly nodded.