eighteen

Two weeks had passed since the Meredith incident and Liam and I had eventually moved back to his mansion. Everything returned to its normal state as exactly as it was before we get married but worst.

I became lonely.

Dreadfully, lonely up in my bedroom.

In the morning, Liam left for work. His returning schedule also was unpredictable. Some days he came back very late at night and there were days he came back a little earlier but he would either spend the rest of the evening in his office or go out. I did not see much of him and neither did he had seen a lot of me. It was like we were not even living together, or let alone married to one another. We were like two strangers sharing the same floor inside this vast mansion. From time to time, our names were mentioned in a conversation but that was about it. That seemed to fit the description of his and I's relationship on the down-low.

Pacing up and down in my bedroom, I waited and waited for a certain someone to knock on my door. I had not been able to sit still since I woke up that morning, knowing it was the day that I would finally get to go out.

Finally.

The sound came and I jumped. A light knock at the door three times sent me bolting. I hurried to the door, grabbed the doorknob, and twisted it open revealing the familiar face of a kind-looking man.

For the past two weeks, I had been seeing a lot of him more than anyone else. He would stop by in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon. We would have breakfast, brunch, or even lunch together then wasted our time away skimming through numbers of pointless tv-show and romantic-comedy movies.

With Giovanna going through her own episode of stumbling her way through college applications, I thanked God for his company every day. If it wasn't because of him, I didn't know how I would survive living inside this dull home.

"Luke!" I shrilled, throwing my arms around his neck. I gave him a quick hug and he pat my back gently, "I thought you would not make it!" I pouted as stepped outside and quietly closed the door

"I promised you I will take you out today, didn't I?" He chuckled and reached down to grab my wrist, "C'mon, let's get you to the car."

I quickly nodded, agreeing with him and we carefully made our way downstairs.

As I expected, the guards caught us wandering around together but Luke shook them off by saying we just happened to run into each other and he was here to see his parents while I, came down to get some fresh air.

When I finally made it to the front gate, I noticed a gloss black Lamborghini paring up on the side of the street, I immediately knew it was Luke's car. It could either be his or Liam's and if it was Liam's— well then, I'm screwed.

"I thought we're just going to your friend's farm." I murmured under my breath as I got inside of Liam's car. I closed the door behind me carefully and in the same time, Luke was already reaching from his driver's seat to help me with my seatbelt.

Luke pouted, "You said you want to go horseback riding."

"That's not what I mean." I laughed, "I am talking about your choice of vehicle. A Lamborghini? Isn't it a bit fancy for a one-day trip to a farm?"

"It's either this or a Bentley." He smirked, "And are you seriously complaining about my ride now that I had just risked my life to take you out for one day."