Chapter 1-Even if we're gone

In the midst of a war in Wakanda, the Avengers fought with every fibre, every atom, every breath that they had remaining to take down the titian Thanos before he commited universal genocide. Given it was only half the universe, it was still wrong, and they had to stop it. A family stood, all knowing what they would have to do, all knowing that it would destroy them but save the universe.

"Wanda, Clara, it's time."

"No", Wanda Maximoff choked through tears, looking at her lover with pleading eyes.

"Daddy with all due respect no".

"They can't stop him, Wanda, Clara, but we can. Look at me. You two have the power to destroy the stone."

"Don't".

The child, who was only 11, flung herself at her father, wrapping her arms tightly around his vibranium neck for the last time. "It's ok baby it's ok", Wanda walked over and joined the hug.

Wanda grabbed her daughter and pulled her back, "You must do it. Wanda and Clara, please... We are out of time."

"No, daddy, no!".

Wanda grabbed Clara and pulled her into another hug, "It's gonna be alright baby".

"I can't", Wanda spoke, trying to muster a strong voice to convert the scared girl that lay beneath it.

"I won't", Clara sobbed, as Wanda soothed her.

"Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies."

"I-", stammered Wanda.

"It's not fair. It shouldn't be you two, but it is. It's all right. You could never hurt me... I just...feel you. "

Clara and Wanda extended trembling hands and sent pulsating red magic at the mind stone. Wanda glanced over her shoulder before adding a second hand, Clara stole a quick glance at her mother before doing the same. Footsteps echoed behind them, Wanda swung around and blasted the person back as Clara stayed focused on the stone, "It's alright. It's alright. I love you.", the mind stone starts to crack.

It shattered, enveloping Vision in a yellow glow that could be seen for miles around, he smiled softly, the youngest slumped. Groot, her only best friend allowed at the battle, but with much chagrin from Rocket, wrapped her in a tight hug. Thanos manipulated time as Vision slowly formed again, "No!", screamed Wanda as she lunged forward to be swatted away.

Thanos lifted Vision by his throat so they were eye level and reached his right hand towards his head, digging out the mind stone and tossing him aside. Clara ran towards him and landed harshly on her knees, she leant her head on his colourless chest and sobbed. "Daddy don't leave me, please, please, please. I don't want to lose you come back".

Thanos had the last stone, he dropped it into his gauntlet and power surged around him making his torso glow with static. Lighting struck as hands landed on Clara's shoulders, they swiftly moved to her stomach and spine and pulled her upright. Natasha Romanoff slowly lifted the girl onto her feet and away from her father, "C'mere", she pulled the child to her and slowly guided them to the floor. "I know baby girl, I know", Natasha soothed the crying child, "I know it hurts".

Thanos snapped, everyone started to turn to ashes, "I want momma".

Natasha looked at Wanda, who looked happy as she faded into ashes, "Just stay here".

She pulled out of her grip, "No!", she screamed, "Mama, come back, please!".

The remaining Avengers looked at the distraught girl, now placed in their care.

"She hasn't stopped crying, Natasha, I'm worried".

"She's grieving, Steve, give her time".

Clara was wrapped in a fluffy blanket on the couch, cold soup and tea on the coffee table, "Clara, you need to eat".

She shook her head as her loud wails cut off, her throat couldn't handle the constant strain of screaming.

"Clara, at least drink", Steve wandered over to the couch and pulled her to him, "Please", he held a glass of cold water to her chapped lips.

She drank it, greedily, as banging sounded on the door, "Alright, don't break down the door, you can come in".

Sophi Rogers and Oakley Romanoff came barging into the room, "Lare-Bear".

Sophi ran to her and pushed her dad out the way, "Move it, old codger, you're services are not currently needed".

Steve glared at her and stood up when Natasha hit him, "Mama?", Oakley trailed behind Sophi to her mother, "We can get her to eat and make her pass out, you just need to supply the food and mode of transportation".

Natasha giggled and nodded at her daughter as she grabbed the cold soup and cup before kicking Steve infront of her. "Nat, stop kicking me! Ow!".

"Then get your ass into the kitchen, Steven".

"Shit! Nat! That hurt!".

"Hah! Thanks Nat, I can swear now!".

Oakley hit Sophi, "Bigger issues than you swearing".

When the adults finally returned with soup and tea the girls got to work, "C'mon, here comes the Quinjet".

Clara giggled as she opened her mouth, "I don't know how you do it, girls", the adults wondered aloud.

"It's how Wanda got her to eat when she was sick".

Clara finished the food and drank the tea before she was coaxed to sleep by her best friends.

"Good night, Lara. Just remember, always be strong, even if we aren't here".

And when she woke up in the morning, her best friends, much like they said, were gone.