Chapter 2- I can't anymore

The remaining Avengers were heading to Thanos, Clara was napping on Natasha's lap, peacefully, "I don't want to wake her up".

"She'll kill us if we don't".

Captain Marvel flew through the roof knocking him down, Hulkbuster grabbed his Gauntlet arm and Thor chopped it off, Rhodey and Rocket flew down and pointed guns at his head. Captain America, Black Widow, and Clara walked in like normal civilized people. Rocket kicks over the Infinity Gauntlet, Clara gasps. "Oh no".

"Where are they?", asked Captain.

"Answer the question", said Carol.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation."

"So let me get this straight you murdered my family and my friends, just to afterward throw it away, the very thing they died fighting for", Clara hissed.

"You murdered trillions!", yelled Bruce as he pushed him to the ground.

"You should be grateful", Clara right hooked him.

"Grateful that you murdered my friends, my family. Grateful that you made my two best friends run away. Please, the remaining people will be grateful when pigs fly!".

Rocket a hand on her arm, trying to soothe her. "Where are the Stones?", asked Carol.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"What!", Clara realized there was no hope of bringing everyone back now.

"You used them two days ago!", said Bruce.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable."

Clara collapsed, Rocket sat next to her as Nat wrapped her arms around her and whispered in her ear. "We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying.", stammered Rhodey.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them.", said Nebula.

"Ah, thank you, daughter", Nebula looked down uncomfortably, "Perhaps I treated you too harshly."

Thor looked pissed and summoned Stormbreaker and before anyone could move, sliced Thanos's head off. "What... What did you do?", asked Rocket.

"I went for the head".

He walked out leaving all of them in total and utter shock.

FIVE YEARS LATER

Clara woke up as Nat stroked her back, "I've got a meeting with everyone, wanna listen in?".

Clara nodded sleepily, "Do you wanna go with, Sam, Bucky, your mother, or you",

"Can I wear something of yours?", she mumbled.

Natasha came back with an old shirt of Wanda's, and a sweater of hers. Clara pulled on some blue cotton shorts before pulling the grey shirt, in big white letters was I'M NOT IN THE MOOD before pulling on the black zip-up jumper of Nats, she stumbled out as she fiddled with the unzipped jumper.

"Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?", asked Scott.

Clara thought for a moment before making her presence known, "Dude I've known it since I was two, you do know who my dad was right?".

"Only to make conversation", said Natasha, giving Clara a look.

"Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my... She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry. That must've been a very long five years."

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours."

Natasha and Steve shared a look, "Time works differently over there, like another realm you have to be incredibly big so time goes incredibly slow for instance 5 hours feel like 5 years, so it's the opposite for the other realm", Clara explained.

"See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving."

Scott walks over and takes Natasha's sandwich.

"Scott, what are you talking about?", asked Steve.

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos."

"Wait, are you talking about a time machine?", asked Steve again sounding incredibly stupid.

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a... Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be...some w... it's crazy."

"Scott you forget that my dad's a synthezoid, mum and I are a myth, my best friend was a tree, and a raccoon emails me a regular basis, nothing's crazy anymore"

"So who do we talk to about this?", asked Scott, before smiling at Clara.

"Tony obviously, just because you were in a different dimension doesn't mean you lose all of your brain cells", She hopped up and ran to the car to visit Tony for the first time in five years.