Chapter 4- Earth 838

Clara, America, and Stephan walked up to the Sanctum, stopping at a statue of Stephan. "Gave his life defeating Thanos?"

America read from the plaque, questioning it. Clara voiced her feelings instead of staying quiet, "What the fuck?"

"Yeah, see? We're not all bad", Stephan snapped.

"Ten bucks this Strange was an absolute dickhead as well".

Stephan glared at Clara, she grinned back and fluttered her eyelashes. 

"If other you's dead... Then who's the Master of the Sanctum?".

Clara nodded at America's question, "It better not be some murderous bitch, 'cus if so they better yell sike".

The door opened, causing the three to walk around the statue so they could see who was there, "Oh, shit", Stephan muttered.

"Please yell sike, please yell sike", Clara wearily glanced at the man.

"You know him?"

"Yeah. Mordo. He's actually the first guy who let me into Kamar-Taj"

"Oh, great", America sounded relieved.

"And then he snapped and dedicated his life to trying to kill me"

"Oh... Great", America sounded less enthusiastic.

"I always suspected this day would come".

"You did?".

Mordo started walking closer, causing Clara to shrink back, "One point fucking five sir, I don't wanna catch any dieseases this world has".

"Yes. Because you always suspected this day would come. My brother", he kept walking towards Strange, ignoring Clara, he chuckled and hugged Stephan.

"All right",  Stephan mutterd.

"Come, and tell me everything... About your universe".

"We go on red", Stephan turned and told the girls.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"You're quite formidable too, it seems. A multiversal traveler. But thank the stars you brought Doctor Strange to safety"

"Well, just 'cause we jumped ship, doesn't mean we're safe. Our Wanda has the ability to conjure demons and monsters to attack America - in other universes".

"So she has the Darkhold?"

"She got it from Agatha Harkness in Westview", Clara spoke, "But considering you knew what she had I'm assuming you have it too".

"Oh, yes. We have a Darkhold in this universe, too. I got it here in this Sanctum. We would never risk a weapon that dangerous falling into the wrong hands".

"Protect that thing at all costs, everyone says that and then it gets taken", Clara unintentionally snapped causing America to look at her and slightly shake her head.

"If your Darkhold is anything like ours, I'm afraid she can do far worse than just summon monsters to come after you", Mordo warned.

"What do you mean?"

America looked concerned, Mordo spoke again, "There is a spell contained within those pages. Corrosive to the soul. A desecration of reality itself. Dreamwalking", the candles flickered out, "A dreamwalking sorcerer projects their own consciousness from their universe into another. Possessing the body of an alternate self. Playing puppeteer, this unholy doppelganger, and pursue their enemies from afar. The possession is not a permanent link between realities, but in the fleeting time they dreamwalk, they can do irreparable damage to the universe they invade. So it may not be a demon that you face. It may be, the Scarlet Witch, and not too far behind the Scarlet Witch is the Midnight Enchantress".