T E N

He held his backpack tightly, standing outside the school's gates. He would be punished if he caused trouble, but he was given no time restrictions. So he started walking the opposite direction of his house, he kept walking that general direction until it hurt to walk. So he sat down on the side of the road he was on. After a few minutes of this, however, he growled when he heard the sounds of other kids happily playing in their backyard. It'd taken him a while to realize that other kids weren't punished like he was. There really must be something wrong with him. He got up and kept walking.

It was starting to become the bad part of the area, the houses becoming smaller with less and less space between. The noise of happiness hadn't lessened, however. It seemed to have increased, other children played in the streets. He squatted down, tugging at his hair in frustration.

"You alright, honey?" He jumped, scrambling to see the owner of such a smooth voice. It was a woman. All women were mean. All heroes who wanted to hurt him. Punish him.

"I'm– I'm sorry! he whimpered, scooting as far back as he could.

"hon, 's alright" the woman cooed, crouching down to be level with him and keeping her hands visible and open. "Are you hurt, honey?" He rapidly shook his head. He knew not to tell after the Sukian Incident.

"N– No!"

"alright. It's okay. You far from home, huh?" he nodded, he didn't want to make her mad. "Why don't ya eat at my house tonight? My little girl is a quite a bit older than you. I wouldn't mind a little company" He nodded again, pupils shrinking as possible outcomes flashed in his mind.

"Honey, what's your name?"

"Katsu– Katsuki" First names we're okay right? there were many Katsuki's. No tie to him directly. All he had to do was keep quiet about his villainous quirk.

"Well Katsuki, My name is Akina Kayama, I'll show you where my home is, if you wanna join us for dinner" He was intrigued by this woman. Why was she so different? So kind to him... Was it because she didn't know how villainous he was yet, or because she was different? Because of such kindness, he followed her to her house, but stopped at the edge of the street, not touching her property. He sat down and she smiled at him, all he saw was a hero waiting for this villain to cross the property line.

"That's alright" She hummed. He sat there until the sun was setting. A few kids that seemed to be in high school ran past him and into the house, coming back out later with snacks and drinks. Mrs. Kayama had called it a home. Homes were a happy place right? He sat there longer, watching the neighborhood kids play and a few go home until the woman returned with tupperware. It was a large amount of food and his eyes dampened (moistened hehe). He sat there until it was hours past sunset, stomach full for once. He observed as a dark figure was slinking around the houses. Another villain?

He felt anger bubble in his little body. These nice people were about to be robbed. He couldn't let that happen! he stayed in his spot, slouching close together to look small and easily defeatable. he was slowly collecting sweat for his quirk. He had to remember how to use his quirk after so long of not using it. When the figure came close to the property line, he began to ready himself. if they crossed the line, he'd show how villainous he really was. He wouldn't be liked anymore but they'd be safe. He counted down each second until the line was crossed, he started inching towards the figures direction.

They crossed the line.

He sprung up and deadsprinted at the figure, explosions from his hands pushing him forward. He blasted the figure, yelling. The figure shot back, kicking with their leg. He hadn't taken into account what their quirk could've been. He was forced to hesitate, if he was a normal kid, would've been screaming in pain, when the person's quirk sliced him with razors that came out of their skin. He kept going until blood loss made him falter too long and the figure grabbed his thigh, slicing through. Finally, he screamed, but more so because he wasn't hurt there often enough to build a resistance. All the house lights in the neighborhood were on by now, including the one he was protecting and the person he was fighting took off. He sat down in the yard, blood staining the grass as he held his leg. He'd been stabbed with enough things to know to put pressure, but he hadn't been sliced or cut. Just stabbed. In and out. Could he still just staple it?

"You protected us" He swiveled to see Mrs. Kayama with a man he assumed was her husband. He relaxed, it was only them. No Mother. He hadn't really needed to look, though. She smelled very strongly. Must've been her perfume. He liked it, it smelled like apples. The green, sour ones. He liked those.

"'Course" He smiled giving a bloody peace sign. This caused panic in the two adults; he didn't understand that. It was fine.

He went back home with a sewn and bandaged thigh that night, and even more food in his stomach. He decided that he liked that woman. And her sleep inducing husband. They were his favorite people now. He went back to visit them the next week. 

Word Count: 952

[comment?]

((Grammar and Spelling fixed))