you're not a pouge.

John B went home. He was exhausted and burnt out from today-- I think we all were.

Kie dragged Pope, Jj, and I along to some stupid outdoor movie thing.

Pope was absolutely terrified right now. Apparently, Rafe and Topper showed up at his house and weren't too happy. Pope claims that they know about what he did to the boat. I kept wondering if that's why Topper and Ms. Thornton were at my house last night.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this." Kie smiles as we find our way to the outdoor movie. "Keep calm. Carry on. Back to obx life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"Yes. So glad, Kie." I say sarcastically.

"Ecstatic." Pope comments.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." Jj whispers.

"We're out of the green zone." Pope whispers to me and Jj.

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?"

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia." Pope says. "This is the last place I want to be."

"Shut up, Pope."

Kie walked over to the concession stand to grab some drinks for us.

I found a spot on the ground in front of Jj's legs, who was sitting in a small chair. Pope sat on the ground next to me, and Kie sat in a chair next to Pope.

Kie came back with our drinks after a few minutes. "Just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, "Tell your boy that we know what he did." What is that?" She questions.

"Um.. where is he?" Jj asks.

"Right there." Kie points to a group of Kooks standing near the back of the crowd.

The group included Topper, Rafe, and Kelce. Maybe a few other Kooks. I didn't recognize any.

Jj, Pope, and I turn around to face them.

"Shit." I mumble.

"Great, the whole death squad." Pope comments before Jj hits his head, making him squeal and turn back around to face us.

"Don't stare bro." Jj demands. "Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay?"

"And if that doesn't work, I got this right here." He adds, holding up his bag. I could only assume his gun was in there.

"Guys, shut up." I demand. I had noticed Kie looking at us with that same tone of anger smeared across her face.

"I'm sorry, Jj.." Kie pauses. "Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here. Jj, there are kids."

"No!" Jj lies. "Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine, okay?"

"Oh. Wow, thank you. That's really convincing I love that Jj."

A moment of silence peers beneath our conversation.

"Founding principle, you guys. No secrets amongst the Pouges. What is Rafe talking about?"

Nobody says anything.

"Tell me."

That's when I snap.

"You know what, Kie? I put up with your bullshit because I know that all of these guys can't take their eyes off you, but you aren't a Pouge, I'm sorry. You aren't. We can keep whatever we want from you. Your parents are rich, which makes you a Kook. That's how the obx works whether you like it or not." I snap.

Everyone turns silent, including me.

I didn't plan on actually attacking her. I have never done anything like that in my life. I usually just keep my thoughts to myself, but it felt good to explain how I felt.