Chapter 15: New Friends

R A C H E L

I carry on running for as long as my little legs would hold on. It was absolutely freezing out here and every single second, I kept shivering and muttering under my breath that I should've grabbed a jacket. But of course, my stupid fucking brain decided to ignore the temperature out here and just pull me out into like the North Pole. I rub my arms with hope that it's going to give me some warm embrace at least. Thinking that I should turn around, I suddenly spot something red and golden shining from the middle of some trees. I give out a shakey sigh of relief and run towards the light. I stop as soon as I see it. It's a beautiful, simple, wooden house, the size was fairly small;  it may do. I noticed how it has been circled by some oak trees leaving a grassy patch on the places where there aren't any trees standing. Seeing through the window, it points out that there is someone inside, since the light is obviously on giving out a golden beacon into the terribly dark maze of trees in different shapes and sizes. I get closer to the front door and hesitate to knock. What if it's a murderer in there? He or she will definitely kill me and I'd never be found. I gulp and quickly knock a few times giving out an uneven melody.

'Coming!' A sickening sweet voice called out and faster than a second, the door has been swung open revealing a small lady. She had fairly long dirty blonde hair that's been, I believe, either just washed or naturally wet looking. She had a bright smile on her face giving out perfect white teeth and I couldn't help but get jealous at her body figure. She was practically dressed like a slut which I didn't really like about her. Her shirt that was black had a white stain sitting on her left sleeve, and I kept thinking that it might've been either powder or just... I don't know. 'Oh, hello there! Didn't know that any people came around here.' She exclaimed in surprise. I opened my mouth to speak but it only ended up with teeth clackering than words, so I just simply nodded at her. 'Oh my, you must be cold. Come on in, it's warm inside.' She grabs my arm and pulls me inside. My face seems to let go off its light blue and white colour and slowly into my natural skin tone.

'Y-you have a really nice h-home.' I complement. She thanks me and introduces herself. Before I was able to say who I am, she passed me a cup of warm tea that gave out steam since it was quite hot still and a plate of chocolate chip cookies. 'I-I'm Rachel, but you c-can call me Rach.' She gives me another famous smile of hers and sits down across from me in a quite unique dining chair. 'So, where do you come from?' She asks out of the blue. I look at her in decision. Where do I actually come from? I was in so many countries in my childhood that I literally forget. 

'I moved around a lot when I was young, so I guess that I don't really know.' I finally say, still looking at her suspecting that she might be a murderer. 'How about you?' And with that question, she gives me a very long life story, 'Well, I'm not actually from around here,' she starts with her eyes full with mysteries and secrets that she's just going to spill out to me right now. 'My mother was, so she sent me here to live here, she said that Canada is extremely beautiful and winter is just a wonderland here, right?' I nod at her for a reply to her her question. 'I was born in San Francisco and then moved to London to stay with my grandparents since my mum and dad were really sick and they couldn't handle me anymore. So that explains my American-British accent. I never told this to anyone before, so, therefore, I'll make sure that you promise to keep this as a secret and not tell this to anyone...' Her voice trails off with a worried tone. My face brightens and I put my hand over hers, 'I promise I won't tell anyone.' I give her a little light punch on her arm and start eating the cookies while we're chatting about random things that come into our brains first.

Z A C H 

I finish the recording with a yawn. Sean and I give out our tired goodbyes and hang up. I stand up whilst stretching and look at the clock... it's nearly midnight! Where is Rachel? I give her a little text asking where she is, I put my phone back onto the bedside table, and walk into the bathroom. I jump a little when my feet touch the coldness of the pearl white tiles that were sitting there waiting to be stepped on. I walk up to the sink, wash my face, brush my teeth and go back into my bedroom. Looking at it now, I can see how big of a mess it was, recording supplies were all over my desk, books were on the wooden floor and the duvet on my bed was scrunched up in a corner. I swear, I literally am a monkey or a wild animal that people can relate me to as. I sigh whilst running my fingers through my soft, brown locks of hair. I quickly shuffle up to my dresser that had tons of things laying on top of it. I whack my hand over the things making them fall onto the floor with a thud. Shadow, that was sleeping, raised his head in panic with his ears laying flat on top of his fluffy head. I chuckle at Shadow's reaction and take my shirt off throwing it into the laundry basket, I might need to do laundry soon since the basket is literally about to explode. I sigh (once again) and look down at the light grey sweatpants I'm wearing deciding that they're fine enough to sleep in; I crawl into bed and instantly fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

A/N OMG!! WE'RE NEARLY AT 1K OMOGGJ=DJGHBHSGGJZHD

OKAY, OKAY

i'm calm

I think so >.>

But abcdefghijkl

1 FUCKING

K

AAAAAAH

I remember this when it was only on 7 reads

I got so excited because of that

And now look here

700+ READS!

And nearly on 1k

AAAHAAH

I don't think I would've made it here without you guys <3

I love all of you, buhbai <33

Words: 1131