Chapter 25: All Conclusions End

R A C H E L

I knew it. The black figures around my house were indeed human people. They kidnapped me while I was sleeping; it's a shocker that I didn't wake up.

When everyone left the dark room, I started searching for a way out as Zach is probably worried as fuck right now. I'm glad that my phone is left back at home, because I'm perfectly sure that my kidnappers would've probably took it. A window was the only source of light, and the only source of an escape.

Struggling, I get myself up and look out the window seeing a shattered brick wall. I mindlessly stared at the wall, a smile daring to flick onto my face. So I could have more precious time, I lock the bedroom door so it possibly could delay my opponents a bit better. Turning around to the window, I open it and crawl through. The fresh air hit me like a fish in the face.

And a delicious fish as well.

It felt nice, to feel the cool oxygen slapping your hair backwards so it's not all in your eyes. Happiness fills my brain and I feel myself skipping off to the direction of my home. Soon enough, I spot the familiar stone roof and the brick walls that were painted with a light brown mixed with white. I enter, Dragon's panicked meow's give me a small welcome back. "Dragon! It's me, Rachel." I announce as if I would get a reply back.

Looking out the window, I could easily see Alicia. She was sitting on the same bench as before, same expression, same book. She was the same. Dragon looks up at me, her eyes twinkling with wonder to why I'm staring outside for too long. Debating if I should approach Alicia or not, I walk outside and automatically start walking towards her.

The wind whistled in my ear, giving me a slight deaf feeling. "Hey." I simply start a conversation, hoping it will at least get somewhere. She looks at me, her eyes filled with happiness. But a smile wasn't given. "Hi." Alicia's voice sounded forced and squeaky, like a mouse. I bite my dried lip tightly in worry. Maybe she doesn't want to talk today?

I glance at the book's front cover, seeing a cartoon female character holding a what looked like a gun in her hand. The background was a snow white, as it would make sense since everything looked black and white. Like an old movie.

Alicia gives me a look that sends me running straight away. It was a look of anger, and pain. My house enveloped me in a hug and I felt safe again. The sound of the home phone ringing made me jump five feet in the air. I hesitately picked up the phone, pressing it to my ear.

"Come back." I hear a hushed voice say. Then the line ended.

• • •

Oops. Cliffhangers. c:
Late night updating again.
Byeeee.