Chapter 8: How About... No?

B R A Y D E N

I have been noticing on how much Zach looks at Rachel, he must really like her. But what if take her? I can just take her on a date, have an affair with her and then leave. That sounds awesome, I wonder how good she is. Well I guess I could try tomorrow since Rachel is probably sound asleep.

-=+=- Le Next Day~ -=+=-

When I wake up, the sudden idea of asking Rachel out on a date appeared in my mind. I smirk at the reply she would say.

"Of course I will, Brayden! Ever since I set my eyes on you, I fell in love!"

And the reaction of Zach made me laugh so hard that I accidently woke up my roommates, oh well, oops? I sigh getting up and get ready for what will be about to happen in this day. I shower, get dressed into a light blue shirt, some simple jeans and black converses, no need to be all dressy just to ask a girl out for a date, right? I smile grabbing my phone and I walk up to Rachel's house, I hope that she's not working today, that would be pretty awkward...

I shove that at the back of my head so it won't come back to me when I reach her door. Surprisingly, it was a really warm day here in Canada, the golden sun was sending sun beams at me making my shadows longer each time I walk past a full bench with couple either talking, kissing or just cuddling together watching their enviroments. I soon see Rachel's home; I start running towards it and thankfully, it looked like Zach and Rachel were having a conversation through their windows. I try to ignore Zach's laughter when I start to knock, instantly anxiety takes over me and sends me sweating, I probably won't even have the nerve to say out a word in front of her.

After seeming like a few seconds, the wood door painted a nice shade of green opened revealing Rachel with her hair in a high ponytail, a woolly dark blue sweater and some mint green shorts. She looked absolutely amazing. I bet any girl would kill to have the legs that she has!

"Oh hey Brayden, fancy seeing you here at my door." She finally says after an awkward, long silence. I smile brightly at her expecting a smile back, but no such luck. But that's when I remembered that she doesn't even smile, or laugh. Could I possibly be the person that will make her smile?

"Hey Rach! I just want to ask you a certain question." Well that went easier than I thought. She nodded at me and moved aside telling me that I can come in, so I do. Her living room is really homy looking, the couch was pushed aside in a corner leaving lots of space, a glass coffee table stood in front of it. A few potted plants were standing on the table and there was a clean, white carpet beneath. A few pictures of her smiling with a boy  - probably her brother. They did look really alike, so that's who I'm guessing is with her. I didn't really decide to ask her about it since I already have my own question sorted out.

"What was the certain question you wanted to ask me?" The anxiety soon came back to me, why was I worrying so much? You have to be confident, Brayden! Pull yourself together! 

"I wanted to ask you if... you wanted to go on a date with me?" I ask with a sigh at the end, inside, I was hoping that she would say yes, because I really wanted Zach to become jealous, aren't I such a great friend?

It took Rachel a few moments to realise what I said, and then...

There was these three words that entirely got my heart broken.

"How about.... no?"

I had to repeat that a few times in my head to make sure that she sure denied me. Yup, she definitely did.

"Now leave, I know what you were planning to do." She simply says whilst pointing her finger at the door, I didn't know anything to do other than leave. What a great day, huh?

A/N ohemgee, i just made Rachel like the biggest bitch ever xD

oops?

forgive me senpai

please.

K

imma gooooo

Dream on, Dreamers.

Words: 749