"...and just live our lives, just like we said we would."

"Have you ever had a friend you cared about a lot, Mr. Snowman?" Skeppy laid on the icy ground. Starved of human interaction, he had made a snowman to rant to. Quite sad, but it was better than nothing.

All he got was a small sound of shifting snow in return. He gave a sigh, sitting up and opening his bag up. He pulled out a withering poppy. Holding it up to the snowman, he frowned, laying back on the cold ground.

"I remember one day, when we were still close, we went flower picking to decorate a house being built." He fiddled with its darkened petals. "And he gave this poppy to me and was like, "There are red and blue flowers. I want to give you the red one so it'll remind you of me.""

He gave a wide smile, remembering everything like it just happened. "So I gave him a cornflower and said, "There are red and blue flowers. I want to give you the blue one so it'll remind you of me.' I don't know if he still has the cornflower, but I kept that poppy with me forever." The waves crashed against the ice platform they sat on as he spoke.

"I miss that muffin man so much. Light of my fucking days." He laid down at the entrance of their 'cave' lazily watching the waves crash around the frozen ocean.

"Do you think we'll ever leave here?" Small schools of cod swam around in their view. "Will we ever leave these cold lands and oceans? Is this all there is outside of the mainland?" It only stared blankly at him.

"Surely not. Bad told me to recover. Not a place I can actually live in." He groaned in frustration. "I don't have wood and my boat can barely cross here. I'm fucked."

He got his bags and got out of his residing hole, sliding out.

"Getting out of here through trident would probably kill me more than it would help me." This trident isn't just made out of air and ice." He put his hand on his chin, trying to think. "Swimming itself it already dangerous with the drowneds around... unless..."

He dug into his bag and pulled out a notebook. Pushing past the pages of his previous scribbles, he pulled out his quill and started doodling.

"Are polar bears hostile? Or neutral? Probably neutral I think. Should we give it fish? It might like fish!" he scribbled some more and walked along with the snow sliding snowman.

He gasped and pointed a head to a furry blob in the distance.

"A polar bear! C'mon, Snowman, let's go get it!" He pulled out a piece of raw cod, running towards the bears with open arms.

The smaller ones backed away in fear, their mother slowly turned and growling at the slight of Skeppy.

"Uh.. Snowman, I don't think they like me that much..." The adult bear growled at him angry, charging at him in full force.

Skeppy screamed, dropping his items and running away from the overly protective mother bear. The snowman watched as he ran around the icy island trying to avoid the bear's wrath.