☮︎︎BREAKING MAKI☮︎︎

**still Itachi's pov**

"I need you to go to Konoha and make sure nothing happens to Sasuke until he leaves the village."

"What if he doesn't leave the village?" She asked tossing a kunai in the air.

"If he doesn't leave, you can return back to the Akatsuki. But, I'm sure he will leave. He'll do anything to see me dead."

"How long we talking?"

"Could be a few years." She froze and inhaled a sharp breath. She threw a kunai at the peace sign and through the wall. I heard a girly scream came from the hallway.

I opened the door to see Tobi staring at the kunai with sweat-beads rolling down his mask. Maki ran to the door and peeked out. When she saw Tobi she jumped and ran up to him shaking his shoulders.

"SORRY! SORRY! TOBI WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU WALKING PAST MY ROOM FOR ANYWAY?!"

"Tobi was bored! Tobi only wanted to see if you wanted to play!" He replied shakily because of her.

"Tobi I'm telling her about her mission." I stated firmly, "she can 'play' later, but right now I need to talk to her."

He nodded his head sadly and retreated down the hall. Maki walked past me, and sat crisscrossed on her bed next to Sota.

She wiped her forehead of imaginary sweat and sighed, "and Konan called me a riot."

I chuckled at her comment and said "She wasn't wrong, You are a riot." Maki stuck her tongue out at me before Sota cleared his throat.

"Huh? Oh, right." She looked at me with determination in her eyes, "so you want me to go to Konoha, and protect your little brother until he betrays the village, and everyone he knows to go to mr snakeman for power, so he can kill you?"

I blinked surprised at how fast she said it, "Maki, it's not gonna be that easy."

"Of course it's not." She said while laying back on her hands and closing her eyes. "I can't march into that village and tell everyone that I'm part of the akatsuki, a murderer, and connected with Itachi Uchiha, right? I'm gonna need a backstory that doesn't involve me being in the akatsuki or killing my entire village.  Just give me a second to think."

"O-" I was beginning to say.

"Got it!" she said opening her eyes, "I'm going to have to bring up Ito, but I'll get a believable backstory from it!"

I nodded and asked, "what's your story?"

***

We talked for 10 minutes about her backstory for once she entered Konoha. She kept saying 'I'm not going to be a depressed or sad person once I go there' and Sota kept saying 'better believe that I'm going to be liked there.' Her story sounded believable enough to me, so I didn't change anything. Right now Sota was fussing at Maki about not being able to have a part in making a backstory.

"Like you were going to want to help anyway." Maki said rolling her eyes.

"You're right." Sota said waving his tail in front of her face, "I wouldn't have helped."

"Maki." I said stopping her from yelling at Sota, "you have to leave tomorrow."

Her face saddened quickly. I'm sorry Maki.

"That means I have to say bye to the guys." Her eyes started to water before she started to hit her head, "stop it, stop Maki. Stop."

I sat beside her and wrapped my arm around her, pulling her into a hug. Sota walked out of the room with his head down.

"I'm really sorry, Maki." I whispered.

She looked up to me with tears threatening to fall out of her eyes. Seeing her like this makes me want to cry.

"Why are you sorry?" She asked her voice cracking a bit, but she still put on a sad smile. "You just want to protect your real brother, so I can't be mad at you for that."

"Maki..." I hugged her tighter as tears fell out of my eyes without permission.

I heard sniffles coming from her, and pulled her back to see tears coming from her tightly shut eyes. I was about to speak, but I heard feet shuffling from behind me. I looked back to see all of the members at the door.

Deidara was the first to talk, "oh my bang. YOU FREAKING BROKE HER ITACHI, UN!"

Tobi started waving his arms around, "OH NO! Maki's crying! Bad, bad! OH NO!"

Kisame looked at the ground and Pain just watched. Sasori started to back away, not wanting to be caught in this. Zetsu watched from the ground talking to his other half about what was happening.

Konan stepped up and sat on the other side of Maki. She let her paper flow around Maki, forming the same peace sign on her wall. Maki slowly opened her eyes looking at the paper peace signs around her.

She sat up and grabbed one of the papers, and staring at it in her hand. Her eyes brightened when she realized who made them. She looked over at Konan and jumped on her, wrapping her arms around her neck hugging her.

"Thanks Konan!" She said giving a bright smile that made me happy. "I don't know what just happened but I. Did. Not. Like. It."

"You cried Maki." Konan stated making Maki's eyes widen.

"Oh no." She looked back at the door where all the member, except sasori, were standing. They all had a shocked look on their face, except Pain. None of us had ever seen Maki cry, so we were surprised after this. "Eh heh, Sorry guys."

"I thought Itachi broke you!" Deidara screamed, "I didn't think you would ever cry, in fact, I didn't think you could cry, un. Like you have never showed an emotion out of happiness, creepiness, scariness, violentness, weirdness, dumbne-"

"Dude are you trying to insult me?" Maki snapped, and Deidara quickly shook his head. "Uh, okay?"

"Do you need help with anything Maki?" She looked towards me, and put her hand on her chin pretending to think.

"I guess I'll need help getting my things packed."