Chapter 6 - Camila We Need To Tell You Something

NOBODY'S POV:

Dinah paced in front of the office doors. Normani and ally tried to sit her down or even calm her down but dinah wouldn't do it. They ended up watching the woman pace with worried faces.

The doors to the office opened and revealed lauren who gave a sad smile. Dinah's eyes caught hers and she rushed over "is she okay? What happened? Where is she-"

"Dinah... please calm down. Maddie is okay. She fell asleep in the corner of the room" Lauren said closing the doors after her and stood in the hall with only her dress shirt, pants, socks and her bow-tie halfway undone. Her sleeves were rolled up revealing some tattoos she had. Lauren stuck her hands into her pockets and sighed "I think it's better if she stayed here for a few hours"

"What?!" Dinah said a little louder than intended. She shook her head vigorously "no, she needs to come back home. Camila needs to know what just happened to her own daughter. I-I dont even know what it was. She needs to see a doctor, this could be serious" dinah said fiddling with her fingers.

Lauren sighed nodding "I know this is stressful but I can assure you that maddie is a lot safer in a room rather than outside with people after her-" lauren stopped and caught her friends eyes.

Dinah frowned and looked between them "what?"

"...Anxiety attack" ally said softly.

"Anxiety attack? No she can't. She's never had one before. How would you even know?" Dinah asked crossing her arms looking at them with a small frown.

"Anxiety attacks can come at any age, even if they never had it before" normani said with a small sigh "we know what it is because we've worked with kids who've had anxiety attacks almost every other day when we were younger" nomani gave a sympathetic smile at dinah and rubbed her shoulder to make her feel better.

"Everything maddie just did... the kids we helped did the same similar things. The doctors diagnosed them with anxiety attack" Lauren scratched her head with a small huff "I really suggest she stays in that room for now, until she wakes up and she is calm enough to even stand. Call Camila-"

"I can't. I left my phone at home...i-i oh my god" dinah said speechless of what she witness her niece do for the first time. "Do you know what caused it?"

"I'm no doctor but something could have triggered it without us knowing" ally said grabbing her phone from her desk and handed it to dinah. "Call camila and tell her what happened"

"I don't think she can" normani said looking at dinah who's eyes never left Lauren's office doors. Dinah didn't speak, but her thoughts were running everywhere.

"I'll call her from my phone, ally." Normani said walking down the hall fro more privacy.

"Where is your-"

"I gave it to her if she got cold. I used my extra clothes from my drawer as a pillow to make it more comfortable" lauren sighed going to sit on one of the couches in the small waiting room just a few feet from ally's desk.

"Ally could you cancel all my meetings today? Basically everything that is scheduled today? I don't think I can leave this girl alone for the rest of the day after what just happened. Do remember when we left jacob?" Lauren said looking sadly at her cousin.

Jacob was an orphan who anxiety attacks that happened more frequently than the other kids. Ally spoke sighing out "yeah... forever will remember. I'll schedule then for other days too." Ally said walking to her desk.

Dinah turned to lauren still in shock "how long did it last?" Dinah went and sat next to Lauren but didnt take her eyes away from the door.

" a while. She was still shaking when she fell asleep. Its exhausting." Lauren said softly "from experience i think it's best she stays here with me for a few more hours, so i can make sure she'll be okay. Kids who are knew to anxiety attacks can still be shaken up afterwards, from my knowledge"