Chapter 5 - That Could Be True But You Never Know

NOBODY'S POV:

"You never fucking said we would be going to a fucking race track!" Maddie said slapping Lauren's shoulder as she got of the bike.

"First of all, don't slap me again" lauren rolled her eyes "second of all, it's a meeting. I can't have you inside the meeting room with me so... I made some calls and asked if someone can show you around for the two hours I'll be gone"

Maddie turned to lauren quickly "do I get to drive a car!?"

Lauren looked down with a sarcastic smile "you might get to ride in one, little one. I doubt it you will drive" lauren chuckled.

Maddie narrowed her eyes and slapped lauren on her shoulder "don't even try to be sarcastic to me, bow-tie. I could easily run off without you knowing and my mom would call you freaking out how her daughter isn't home on time. And she is very punctual with her timing" maddie smirked watching as Lauren sucked her tongue with narrowd eyes.

"One drive around the race track. That's all, deal or no deal?" Lauren straightened up and extended her hand at the girl. Lauren has never seen a girl so similar to her in every way possible, except look wise. Maddie's attitude is similar to Lauren's when she was her age, and still is.

"You got me happy" maddie shook the hand as they made there way into the building.

"Hello, miss Jauregui! And...miss Jauregui?" An old looking man said watching as the business woman brought in a child.

"Sorry for being late. San Francisco traffic is never good. And this is actual miss Cabello, she is my assistant for three months" lauren smiled shaking hands.

"Intern" the man said turning to the young looking boy next to him.

Lauren and maddie turned to each other and raised an eyebrow both speaking "something like that"

"How about I show you around? We got two hours-"

"She might need a drive around the track" lauren said cutting the boy of making him suprise of the words "we want to see if this contract could work"

"We need to know if we got a winning team on our hands for this sponsor" maddie smiled at the old man.

"Sure! Thomas here will take you around the track"

"Oh..." maddie said outloud making the men look at her concerned "I was hoping I could test drive the track along with the car myself?"

"We can sort somethings out" Thomas smiled walking backwards "follow me and we can get started on the tour. Thank you for coming miss Jauregui" lauren nodded to the young man.

"And if you will. The meeting is just about to start, miss Jauregui. We have a great pitch for you" the old man said.

"I've heard that before" lauren said making the man give her a shy smile as they entered the room.

-

Camila paced around the front of the coffee shop, it was cold but not windy as the day before. "Where the hell are you, maddie?" Camila said to herself, rubbing her hands together to generate heat.

The sound of a motorcycle cycle coming down the slightly empty street made Camila's eyes turn to it. Blacked out motorcycle with white headlights. Camila could see the two people riding it and her mind went crazy when the second took of there helmet "maddie!?!"

"Hi, mom" maddie smiled tiredly at her mother standing by the bike.

"Dont 'hi mom' me, maddie. I've been standing out here for an hour waiting for you to get here" camila said with a frown looking at her daughter.