[ 004 :: RUN LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT ]

"you guys better make sure i don't get caught cause i certainly do not want to go back to that cage." you clarified, making the 2nd years nod with a bead of sweat dropping from their chin.

they had let you sleep for the night, and now it was past 8 in the morning, sun high up in the sky and birds chirping heartfelt melodies.

"just hide your cursed energy and yourself." a blonde girl shrugged, sounding nonchalant as she ignores the glare you send her way.

"sure, as if it's that easy." you roll your eyes, crossing your arms.

the blue haired girl—who's name you weren't familiar with yet, clears her throat as she smiles nervously at you. "well, ( l/n )-san. we have a mission to deal with, so you'll have no choice but to hang around our dorms.."

you nod, finding no point in complaining about it and jump on their couch, making yourself comfortable before grabbing the remote.

"well now, shoo. i'll be relaxing here so don't worry about little old me~" you flick your hand at them like how a person would to shoo an animal.

they roll their eyes before turning their heels to leave, saying their goodbyes as the front door closes.

you wait for a few moments before standing from the couch.

no way in hell were you going to sit still and look astonishingly breathtaking. that's far too boring. stepping into one of their bedrooms, you walk towards the window and open it, sensing around for a veil they could've possibly casted to make sure you don't leave.

a smile falls onto your lips once you're sure there is no veil present.

but, aside all that, the view of kyoto is as breathtaking as you, the sun high up with the clouds and the sky is an even prettier shade than before. the buildings are taller than you've ever imagined. ( they looked less intimidating through the phone screen. )

you steal a breath from the earth for a moment before letting it go, the feeling of freedom settling in your chest. it was suffocating, yet so loose around your throat.

with a huff, you step up on the window sill and leap forward, using your cursed energy as a boost to stop yourself from falling to your death and jump to a tree.

by this point you're not sure where you could go, so perhaps doing some shopping wouldn't hurt. though, you'd have to stay conscious about the money you spend since you've only stolen a little from those students.

you hum, jumping down from the branch and landing on the floor with a loud thud.

to the city it is.

———

'LOOK AT ALL THESE CLOTHES THEY LOOK SO PRETTY'  you internally squeal, eyes glittering as you go through each aisle of clothing.

they're labelled and organised by their style, the gothic clothing having their own shelves and hangers, as well as the lolita's, techwear, and minimalist.

you grin, scrolling through ( preferred clothing style ) and pick out a few, making sure to look at the prices before dumping them in the cart.

doing this normal thing felt absolutely adrenaline rushing for you—oddly enough. well, you were nervous as well too. what if other people looked at you looking so abnormally happy while shopping and thought you were weird?

you'd just have to bury yourself into the deepest grave.

"that would be " ¥15000 ma'am." the cashier smiles at you with their costumer service smile, taking the money you hand her.

after they put your items in the bag, you take the receipt and walk out with happy hum, accidentally bumping into a person along the way.

they fall to the ground with a thud, and that singular sound makes your heat leap in horror and your sweat glands work overtime in dismay.

with panicked apologies —and incomprehensible noises— leaving your mouth, you quickly help the person up, eyes meeting with bright ones. a woman stares back at you, black hair perfecting her beautiful features, a huge scar across her right cheek and nose giving her this bad ass and intimidating look.

she stares at you like she's seen a phenomenon, mouth agape and eyes widened.

you ignore it, "are you okay, miss?" you ask, furrowing your eyebrows in worry.

she seems to come back to her senses before nodding with a kind smile. "i'm alright."

you nod back before bowing and leaving frantically. you wouldn't be able to handle that odd atmosphere if you stayed a single second later.

shifting the heavy bags to your other hand, you look around, wondering what you'd do next.

perhaps hitting the 'arcade' wouldn't hurt. from the videos you've seen online, they seemed to have fun machines to play with—and they give you pretty good prizes too.

———

'that woman's cursed energy..' utahime thinks to herself, unable to relax and focus after her encounter with you.

when you had made contact with her hand to help her stand, a burst of overwhelming cursed energy flowed from your hand to hers, and from what she knew, you weren't even a student nor teacher in jujutsu high.

but, you didn't give off any hostile aura, so she'd have to rest assured.

for now.