[ 008 :: ZEPHYR ]

it shocks you how fast the boy moves. his instincts are perfect when he starts to run, knowing that whatever chance he has to win this fight was well past a zero.

you follow suit, staying hidden and leaping through the branches while keeping your cursed energy checked.

if you let even a single drop of it out, you'll be putting a big target mark on your back. so while it seems like you're invincible to curses, you take this chance and run.

———

all the seals burn a bright red in the same second, surprising everyone in the room.

"eh?" utahime stares, a bead of sweat dripping from her chin. "the game's over? and they all burned red?"

"that's odd. my crows didn't see anything." mei mei states, seemingly not even giving a single care.

"i'd love to say great teacher gojou's students exorcised them all, but..." gojou starts,

"the charms will burn red for unregistered cursed energy."

"you think it's an outsider? some invader?" utahime turns towards the white haired man, who's smile is gone.

'did ( y/n ) do that? but she agreed to our plan so nonchalantly..is she trying to run again?' a slight wash of irritation goes through gojou's mind.

"does this mean tengen-sama's barrier isn't functioning?"

"whether it's an outsider or not, something unexpected is happening all the same." they must be fairly skilled to exorcise the semi-first grade. who is it?

"i'm going to tengen-sama." yaga stands from his seat, "satoru and principal gakuganji, please protect the students. mei, you stay here and identify the locations of the students. stay in close contact with the other two."

"fully understood." the bluenette grins, "i look forward to the bonus."

gojou stand from his seat, walking near the exit before he claps, "come on, gramps! time for a walk! you finished your lunch, didn't you?" he speaks like a nurse in a nursing home.

the old man doesnt respond.

utahime breaks the silence, "let's hurry."

———

the sky turns dark as a veil covers the area, catching the attention of every sorcerer within the premises of the game ground.

"somethings going on here, and it's definitely not what was planned." you mutter to yourself, standing from the roof of one of the buildings.

the cursed speech user has gathered with three of his other school mates, and now they're up against the cursed spirit.

and from your observations, it's skin isn't penetrable, ( from their weapons at least. you were too far to see and evaluate their weapon's sharpness. ) and the curse speech only works on it for a short amount of time that's less than a minute.

they struggle against the thing, but you're not sure when you could hop in and provide them assistance. their team work is nonexistent and they work individually with their own cursed techniques.

and that had led to the white haired boy reaching his limit.

you furrow your brows as he steps closer to the cursed spirit, blood dripping from his mouth and sweat sticking his hair to his forehead.

"blast away!"

he screams, and so, the cursed spirit blasts off to another roof. more blood sprouts from his mouth as he falls down to his knees and to his stomach.

you take this as the que to charge in, jumping from the roof and into the air as you utilize your cursed energy outside of your soul, breathing it outside of your body. it forms into a blade and molds perfectly in your palms like it's an extension of your self.

you lean and force each ounce of your strength to your upper body, aiming for the cursed spirit's head.

"you can't cut me with that dull thing." it speaks once more, surprising you as you hesitate for a moment before forgetting you've been concealing half of your cursed energy, meaning the unseen blade you had at the palm of your hands is only a half of it's usual sharpness.

you curse, revealing your whole energy the last second before your 'blade' makes contact with the cursed spirit, cutting through the branches in it's eye-sockets just as you've intended.

but you only have half a second to dodge the flying pieces of a sword that flies just half an inch above your head.

"maki!" you call for her attention as she quickly nods and jumps away from the special grade.

the spikey black haired boy jumped from behind you, aiming for one of it's branches. you quickly jump out of his way, watching proudly as he cute the other branch. he leaps next to you before it could counter.

"looks like it's eye-branch thing is much more fragile than the rest of it's body." you state the obvious. "maki, do you need a blade?" you side glance her, motioning towards the broken sword she held.

"it's fine." she nods at you with reassurance, kneeling as a black doorway emerges from the ground where the boy kneels. "i have something better. this one feels disgusting to use though."

she grabs a three-section staff the black haired boy hands her and your eyes widen as you recognise it to be one of your grandfather's creations, the special grade cursed tool, "playful cloud."

maki skill fully dances with the weapon in her hands, slamming it against the cursed spirit. it's sent flying a far distance from the school, destroying a path of trees as smoke follows along.

the two immediately run away their prey, sharing a plan as you watch, staying still in your place.

"..maki is strong. she can beat that cursed spirit, right?" you mutter to yourself, relaxing your cursed energy, feeling it seep back into your soul.

"but..they're only kids. should i help them?" you ponder, putting a hand to your chin as you hum. "they seemed pretty powerful as a duo and they had a plan formed so.."

a second grade cursed spirit wouldn't give off this kind if pressure..a special grade would.

you gasp as you remembered that they were dealing with one the highest ranked cursed spirits. quickly regaining your composure, you leap from the roof, using it as a boost to your speed.

you jump across a few hundred trees before the cursed spirit comes into your range, taking a deep breath, you, once again separate the cursed energy from within your soul to exit your body. your hand motions upwards as your cursed energy forms into a thousand pieces of blades that won't be seen by the normal eyes.

each piece is separated into a smaller and sharper one, dividing further and further as it makes a formation to your front, left, and right.

"cursed technique, extension : zephyr."

and with four simple words, your hands motion down towards the cursed spirit, who's attention is suddenly turned to you, and then to the two students who land in the water with it.

your curse, 'they'll get caught up in the crossfire—!' "jump away from the area of cursed energy!"