[ 012 :: HUH. ]

"after everything you've told me..the only thing i can assume is that they plan on using sukuna." you mutter, dressed in a hospital gown as you sit up from the bed.

"huh? that's so far from the connections though.." gojo takes another bite of the pizza he ordered.

"it's not. the activity of unregistered special grades and sorcerers have risen since word has gone out about sukuna having a vessel right? and after that fight with the patchwork curse, it was obvious that he was trying to provoke itadori to get sukuna out, but that blonde dil—guy was in the way. and if i remember well, that special grade we fought yesterday allowed that volcano guy you fought to escape." you take a bite out of the pizza and hum.

"looks like they wanna reign hell on earth by provoking sukuna out of itadori. and if i'm right, you probably havent told me that those curses stole important stuff from the school."

he sends you a surprised look, "..yeah. we were supposed to keep that between the higher ups. cursed womb paintings were stolen."

"then i'm right. you were trapped in the veil because the enemies dispatched another curse to retrieve the stolen goods. seems like the other casualties were a distraction and the veil was some kind of test for you."

"test for me?"

"hm..i think so. i think that was to test your strength or something, but it could just be them trapping you so they'd successfully steal the cursed wombs. and worse yet, who knows what they plan to do with those cursed wombs. it's hard to predict given they've only caused a little bit of a stir." you sigh, shifting in your place to adjust to hospital gown that was far too big for comfort.

———

"OW, GIVE ME A BREAK OLD MAN!" you screech, trying to pull your face away as hirokotoshi pulls your ear.

"IT'S HASNT EVEN BEEN A WEEK AND YOU'RE ALREADY ON DEATH'S DOOR!" he scolds louder than your shrieks, pulling harder on your reddened ear.

"AND SOME PLANTS VERSUS ZOMBIES PLANT IS WHAT ALMOST KILLS YOU!?"

"IT WAS A SPECIAL GRADE! GIVE ME SOME CREDIT"

at the words special grade, your grandfather lets go of your ears and beams, twisting on his beard. "hmph. i knew some measly second grade wouldn't be a match for my granddaughter. thank goodness a special grade almost killed you instead."

"HUH!?"

you jump out of the bed to tackle the old man, screeching curses as gojo and utahime hold you back.

"( y/n )-san. if you don't mind me asking, what's your cursed technique?" utahime starts, hoping this would ease the irritated tension between you and your grandfather.

"oh! my cursed technique is—"

"that's for you to find out and her to know" hirokotoshi interjects before you could proudly answer.

you grumble more words, crossing your arms as you look away.

———

"your vitals are stable and everything seems back to normal. you should be good to go." shoko ieri smiles at you, patting your head before handing you a candy.

you beam, taking the candy and unwrapping it before popping it into your mouth. you place a hand to your forehead, dramatically yelping in pain, "owww~ i think i have a headache maybe i should stay with doctor ieri for a whilee" you give her puppy eyes, hands clutching onto her clothes.

a hand bonks your head as you yelp in pain.

"c'mon ( y/n ), the others are waiting for you outside." maki hums, dragging you outside as you whine and reach for shoko, who's whistling and looking away.

———

"alright! everyone, meet my sweet fiancé, ( y/n ) !" gojo cheerfully exclaims, putting a hand on your shoulder and pulling you closer to him.

"EHHHH!?"

everyone, including the two principals gasp out, mouth wide open and eyes ready to pop out.

"since when!?" nobara starts with the questions, eyes scanning over you as you smile nervously.

"since two days ago! :D"

"it's an arranged marriage." you wave them off, separating gojo's arm from your shoulder.

"anyway, since i'll be a stationed sorcerer here from now on, i'd like to get along with everyone." you attempt a costumer service smile.

"let's go shopping then! can't have you walking around in a hospital gown, now, can we? i'll let you burrow some of my clothes before we head out." the short haired brunette walks over and gingerly takes your arm.

'eh? what's with this nice attitude?'

"wait, use my credit card. i wouldn't want my princess to spend her money." gojo taps your shoulder with a black coloured credit card.

you turn and take it in your hands, shoving it in your pockets before grinning at him. "thanks a bunch. i'll be sure to spend this until your bank account goes into negatives."