1

Lena
"That's not what I asked for David. I asked you to make sure Zoe got to school on time without any excuses and you couldn't even do that." I said as I walked through my office building. "This is the 3rd time you got her to school late. That's bullshit, she should be at school before 7:30, not 8 not 8:15." I roughly opened the door and walked in. "That's okay, you don't have to worry about getting up early at all anymore because you are fired. Goodbye!" I hung the phone up and placed it on my desk as I sat down. I'm Selena, I am the full time owner and CEO of Selena's Cosmetics & More. Zoe is my niece that I'm watching while my sister was away on a business trip.

"Shit." I said as I wrote down the wrong number for Zoe's contact. "Ms. Berry, your 9:00 is here." My assistant, Kelly, said as she buzzed my office. I cleaned off my desk and buzzed her back. "Bring them up." A few minutes later, Kelly walks in with a man behind her. "Please have a seat. Kelly, you may go on break." I said. "Yes ma'am." She said as she walked out my office. "Good morning I am Selena Berry, you can address me as Ms. Berry or Selena. We have different floors in this building as well as the other two buildings across town. In this building we have cosmetics, floral, funeral, fashion design and wedding planning. What can I help with you with today sir?" I asked. "I am Christopher Hopkins, we talked over the phone the other day." He said. "Yes, you're planning a wedding right?" I asked as I grabbed out a notepad.

"Yes, I am." He said as he cleared his throat and sat upright. "You sound very proud and excited sir, will your fiancé be joining you today?" I asked. "No, she had to work on today but did tell me to take pictures of our options." He said. "Okay and her name is what?" I asked. "Melinda. Melinda Stone." He said as I wrote the name down. "Okay so what are we looking for in this wedding." I asked. "I want something big. Something that's not too much but stands out." I was writing it down as he was explaining. "And how much are you two willing to spend on this wedding?" I asked. "She's not paying for it. I am." He said as he smiled. I looked up at him and smiled as well. "That's very sweet of you Mr. Hopkins. How much are you willing to spend?" I asked. "No less than 33.5 million." He said. I dropped my pen in disbelief. "Wow, that's amazing. She must mean the world to you?" I asked. "The world and a few extra planets." He joked.

"Okay." I said as I began writing on my notepad. "I'm gonna have you escorted to the 5th floor which is the beginning of floral. I'll make sure you'll be assisted with one of the best workers here. Also, I'll point you in the direction of our clothes designer Mr. Clayton." I told him as I handed him the piece of paper from my notepad. I buzzed for somebody to come and escort him. "Have a nice day sir and congratulations on getting married. Hope all is well." I said as he walked out my office. "Good job Selena. Another marriage planned meanwhile you're dealing with your divorce." And the minute I said that, guess who came through the door. My soon to be ex husband and his mistress. "You have some nerve brining her to my place of business." I said. "Hello Selena. Nice to see you like this and not screaming at the top of your longs for the first time in forever." Asia, the mistress, said.

"And it's nice to see you in the bed with my husband on top of him." I said as I glared at Michael. "Well what can I say? Some people are just better than others in bed." Michael said as he looked at Asia. "Get out." I said. "Awe, don't be a bitter bitch. We just came to say that we found a lawyer and you will soon be out a house." Asia said. Forgetting where I was for a moment, I attacked Asia leaving her on the floor. "Selena stop!" Michael said as he grabbed me off her. "It'll only be a matter of time before he does the same to you." I said. "Unlike you I can keep a man." She said. "Bitch he's married!" I said as I struck her in the face with my foot. She hit the floor once more and I snatched away from Michael. "Get your hoe and get out." I told him. He shook his head at me, grabbed Asia, and left out the office. "I need a damn drink." I said to myself as I fixed my clothing and straightened up my office before leaving.

_________________

"Don't you think that ass whooping long overdue?" My best friend, Stacy, said. "I'm not saying it wasn't. I was still in my place of business which makes what I did unprofessional." I said as I sipped some of my drink. "Girl what they gon do? Fire you out your own business? You own that shit, they can't say a damn thing to you about anything." She said. "You've always been the loud mouth version of me." I giggled. "And you've always been the one to whoop ass." She laughed. "Look, I got me a good looking dress to wear out tonight. Do I hear Club X?" She asked. "I still have Zoe." I said. "Really? It's Friday, Violet will be back before 6 tonight to get Zoe. You're going out." She said. "No, I'm not ready to be seen. Especially since I'm technically still married." I said. "To a man who brung his mistress to your office this morning. Take that bullshit ring off and have some fun tonight Lena." Stacy said as she took the ring off my finger and threw it. "Just this one time, please?" She asked. "Fine, I'll go out with you but only this one time. And I'm not dancing either." I said making her laugh.