3

Lena
(Next Day)
"Good morning Mrs. Berry." Kelly said as I asked through the door. I was drinking my usual Starbucks with a bagel. "Good morning Kelly and please stop with the Mrs. Berry thing. Call me Selena or something." I told her with a smile. "It would be unprofessional for me to address you as your first name." She said. "Well, Ms. Lena will do." I told her before waking towards the elevator. My head was pounding from last night. "Last time I go out on a weekday." I mumbled. I walked off the elevator and towards my office. "What are you doing here?" I looked up to see Jay standing in front of my office door. "This is my business. Why are you in front of my door?" I asked him. "My brother told me to come and talk to some shorty named Selena Berry." He said. I rolled my eyes and looked at him. "You're supposed to book an appointment to see me." I said as I opened my door.

"Well consider it booked." He said as he walked in my office, uninvited. "Who is your brother and why couldn't he come meet with me?" I said as I sat down behind my desk.  "His name is Chris. He said he came up here yesterday to plan a wedding." He said. "Oh,  Christopher? Yes he did come up yesterday. Why couldn't he make it today?" I asked. "Him and his wife work night shift but ended up working overtime." He told me. "Okay so, what did he tell you to request?" I asked. He looked at me confused as hell. "Huh?" He asked. "The wedding, what did he request for the wedding?" I asked. "Man I don't know. I don't do that love shit, I fuck bitches and move on to the next. Marriage and shit ain't for me." He said. "Just like every man to walk this damn Earth. How do you sleep at night knowing that you hurt someone?" I asked him. "Hell nah, I be honest upfront. I just be wanting to fuck that's it." He said which pissed me off. "Okay, this meeting is done for until I can meet with Christopher." I said as I got up.

"You can kindly get your ass out my office." I said as I opened the door. The minute I opened the door I regretted it. "Are you fucking kidding me? What? This a everyday thing now, you're gonna bring this home wrecking hoe back to my place of business? As if I ain't beat your ass yesterday." I said. "I let you off easy. If Michael ain't take me out of here you would have been bruised." Asia said. I raised my hand to slap her but before I could I felt someone grab my hand. "I don't know what's going on but you can't hit her here. Catch her on the streets." Jay said as he let me go. "I take it this is your husband?" He asked. I nodded shamelessly. "You crazy as hell man." Jay said looking at Michael. "I just came to tell you that after Friday, you will be out a house. Car, rental car, rental homes, vacation home, etc. Everything in that house that I paid for will be mines." Michael said. "I don't need you. I make my own money and can buy my own things." I said. "Good luck with that because I'm taking half of what you make out all 3 businesses you own." Michael said as Asia just stood back and grinned.

"Yo that's a bitch move. Make your own damn money and start your own business instead of trynna take it from a female." Jay said. He had a look of fury in his eyes. Michael smirked as he looked over at Jay and then back at me. "This your new boy toy?" He asked. "Boy toy? Nigga don't ever try me on no pussy shit." Jay said. "Sit down, Michael will beat your ass without question." Asia said. "Oh don't worry." Jay said as he pulled up his shirt showing the butt of his gun. "Now get the fuck out and take yo husband stealing slut with you." Without any feedback, Michael and Asia left just like that. I turned and looked at Jay. "Why did you do that?" I asked him. "Yo that man was bitching you shorty." He said. "I can handle them on my own! I didn't need your help." I said. "Apparently you need some help because by the looks of it you finna lose everything." He said. I looked down at my feet and felt my eyes getting watery. He lifted my head up and wiped my tears. "Look, I may not be into all that love shit but I don't believe females should cry over a nigga that don't love her." He said.

"Can you please leave? I want to be alone." I said. "You shouldn't be alone in a time like this." He said. "I said I want to be alone." I repeated. "Okay." He said. He let my face go and started to walk out. He turned around went to my desk and wrote something on a sticky note. "This is my number. Whenever you need a shoulder or ear just call me. I'll see you around." He said before leaving. I don't know what it was but something about him wiping my tears and reassuring me that he'll be there for me makes me feel a slight bit of happiness. I looked at the number and saved it in my phone as "Jay🖤". I hesitated on texting him but I finally decided to do it.

Me: Thanks ❤️
Jay🖤: No problem shorty 😉