20

Aaliyah
"You okay in here?" Aunt Stacy asked as she walked into the room. Jay's house was full of rooms, I guess this one was mine. I had a walk in closet, my own bathroom. "Yeah, just need to get use to it." I told her. "You know my mom?" I asked. "Know her? We grew up together. She's my best friend, basically my sister. Would you like to see a picture of her?" She asked. I nodded my head and she pulled out her phone. "Do you have a phone?" She asked. I shook my head no and she looked at me. "That means I gotta take you shopping." She said. "But this is Selena, your mother." She said. "Selena?" I asked as I reached into my pocket. "What's that?" Aunt Stacy asked. "It's a letter, from my birth mom. Ms. Tanya gave it to me when I was old enough to read it. "Well what does it say?" Aunt Stacy asked.

Dear Aaliyah,
I'm sorry I had to give you away. I had to do what was best for you, I couldn't keep you and raise you. I placed you in the best care I knew. Your full name is Aaliyah Tamil Berry. Well, it is unless your adoptive parents change it. I hope one day, when I'm good and stable, we can meet again. And if not, I hope you're with a great family who treats you like the pretty princess you are. I love you, forever and always.
-Love Selena, aka Mom

"That's her." Aunt Stacy said. "I was there when she wrote it, well when she starts to write it." She said. "So, I'm really being adopted by my birth mother." I said. "Don't look at it as adoption, look at it as being reunited with her." She said. "Now come on, we got some shopping to do." She said as she grabbed my arm and took me with her.

_____________________________

"Wow, these wings are good." I said. "You've never had hot wings before?" Aunt Stacy asked. I shook my head. "We've never had anything spicy. Everything we ate was organic and healthy." I told her. "Me, you and Selena have to go out on food dates. Do you like the clothes and phone I bought you?" She asked. "Yes I do thank you." I told her as I continued eating. "I already programmed it for you and set the numbers in it. Now all you have to do is create your social media, download whatever you want." Aunt Stacy said. "By the way, how old are you?" She asked. "I'm 14, I turn 15 in June." I told her. "14? Hopefully Jay doesn't kill me about the things I bought you but oh well." She said making me laugh. "He's mean?" I asked. "He's not mean, he's a dad now. You're his little girl now, so he's gonna see you as a tiny princess not a teenager." She said before giggling.

"Thanks for the heads up." I said laughing. Her phone dinged and she looked up at me. "Come on, let's get your dressed and take you up to see your mom." She said as she smiled.

Aaliyah & her fit^^^^

___________________________

Lena
"I am so tired." I said as I looked over at Dee. "Where's Jay?" I asked. "He's gone to make a few runs but he'll be back soon." He said. "You got something to eat?" I asked him. "I got some chips, they salty though." He said as he handed me the bag. I grabbed a few chips and eat them. "You weren't lying about them being salty." I said before coughing. "Hey hey hey." Carter said before walking into the room. "You got some food?" I asked. "Damn, I don't get no hey back?" He said making me laugh. "Hey Carter. You got some food?" I asked again. He handed me a bag of cookies and rolled his eyes. "What's worse, her being pregnant or after being pregnant?" Dee asked. "Both." Carter said. "I'm right here." I said eating my cookies. "We know." Dee laughed.

"Hey." Stacy said as she came through the door. "Hey girl." I said as she hugged me. "Where's Jay?" I asked. "He's outside the room talk with a special guest." Stacy said with a smile on her face. "Special guest? Dad?!" I asked. "No." She giggled. Jay had walked in with a smile on his face. "Hey baby." He said as he kissed my forehead. "Hey, why is everybody so smiley and happy?" I asked. "Remember a few months ago, when you were telling me about your daughter?" Jay asked. "Yeah, what about her?" I asked. He smiled and opened the door. "Come in." He said. The minute he said that, she walked in the door and my heart pounded like it never did before. "Aaliyah?" I asked. "Hi....mom." She said.