8

Jay
Everywhere I looked there black cars. I couldn't tell if these were my boys or Michael's. "Aye Jay." Dee said as he walked up towards me. "I'm looking at everybody face, and some of these fools ain't with us." He said. "I knew it." I said looking around. "Come on." I said leading him inside the house. I looked around at them. They looked around at me. Then Michael came out from the back. I looked at him, he looked at me, we were looking at each other. "What's up?" He said standing as if he was finna throw a punch. "Yo Jay, let's out this nigga man." Dee said reaching in for his gun. I stopped him before he could pull it out. "Nah Dee. He gon out himself." I said. "Get out." I stepped to the side making the doorway available. "Or what?" Michael asked. "You don't know me boy. My own wife didn't even know me." He said.

"Folk you really need to step." Dee said. I looked at Dee, he looked at me, we were looking at each other. "Yo, yo army outside. My army got you circled, pick ya fight." I told Michael. "One wrong move and Lena will be dead and gone." Michael said. "Excuse me?" I asked. "Yeah, I had some people follow you while you were taking her home. She's either tied up or dead right about now. Now you can sit here and threaten me or you can go save your girlfriend if it isn't too late." Michael said with a grin. "Shit." I mumbled. "Handle this." I told Dee. "Yo what? I'm going with you." Dee said. "I'll take Carter and Zem with me. Out this bitch while I'm gone." I said before leaving out the house. Before I could even close my car door, I heard gun shots fire out the house. No matter how bad I wanted to go in that house, I knew I had to make sure shorty was okay.

"Where we going?" Zem asked. "We gotta make a run, make sure my shorty is safe." I said. Since I was going passed the speed limit, it didn't take me long to get to Stacy's house. The door was wide open and I ain't see no car. "Aye strap up and take it off safety now!" I said before getting out the car. We crept in the house and looked around. "Don't look like nobody is here." Zem said. "Shhhhhh." Carter said as he crept around the corner. He did a head motion letting us know to follow him. We were beginning to look in a room until we heard a loud ass scream. We hurried and bussed into the room it came from. "Shut up!" Some guy yelled. What I saw angered me so bad. In the corner was a beaten and knocked out Stacy. Forced down on the table with a man on top of her was a beaten and crying Selena. Me along with Carter and Zem instantly shot at the two dude in the room killing them both.

Lena fell to the floor shaking, I could tell she was in pain. I rushed to her and picked her up bridal style. It wasn't long before we were carrying them out the room. "Which one is your shorty?" Zem asked. I looked at him and he instantly knew. "Damn, I'm sorry man." He said. "Don't be. It wasn't you, it was Michael. But don't worry, I got something for his ass." I said as I pulled out the driveway.

__________________________

We arrived to my house and carried them both in separate rooms. "So what we doing?" Zem asked. "Right now, ima stay here and make sure they straight. You two go back to the house and see if Dee got shit handled." I told them. They nodded and left. I went in the kitchen and started cooking something small to eat. A good 30 minutes later I heard somebody come down the stairs. "You good?" I asked her as I looked up. It was Stacy. She was staring at me, I was staring at her, we were staring at each other. "I'm not the one you should ask that. All they did was beat me. I don't even know what happened to Lena all I know is that before I heard screaming before I blacked out." She said. "So you heard us come in?" I asked. "No. You and your friends weren't there. It was just me and Lena. And the three guys who were there with us." Stacy said. "Three guys?" I asked. "Yeah. One had snuck away though." She said.

"How long were y'all in the room?" I asked. "We were in there for 20 minutes before I blacked out." Stacy said. I stopped what I was doing and rushed up to where Lena was. She was sitting up on her bed crying til she saw me come in. "Where is she?! Tell me! What did y'all do to her?!" She yelled as she charged at me. I grabbed her arms but gently so I wouldn't hurt her. "She's downstairs eating. Chill, it's me. It's me!" I said as I held her. She broke down in my arms and held onto me. Seconds later Stacy came up to the room. "Lena." She said before grabbing her and hugging her. It wasn't long til they both broke down. Me? Ima street nigga, I don't know how to comfort two crying females. The last female I comforted was my moms and that was yeas ago. "Do y'all want space?" I asked them. "Lena?" Stacy asked as she wiped her eyes. "I do. I want to be alone." Lena said. I nodded and carried her to the bed. Stacy hugged her before leaving out the room. I leaned over to kiss her forehead but she flinched. "Sorry." I said. "It's okay. I'm just not ready." She said. She looked at me with a sad look in her eye. "I understand." I looked at her once more before walking out the room.

"Psst, Jay." I turned to see Stacy standing behind me. "It was Michael." She said. "Nah, Michael was at the house before I came to get y'all." I said. "No he wasn't. Michael was the one who came and got us. He was the third friend that got away when y'all were shooting." She said. "Then who was I at the house talking to?" I asked. "His twin."