6

Lena
We quickly pulled up to my almost empty ass house. "What are you doing?!" I asked Michael as he approached me. "It's Friday." He said with a grin. "We haven't even been to court yet." I said. "No but I thought since my name is on mostly all of this and, of course, my money paid for most of it that I can come and take what's mines." He said before walking off. I followed him inside the house and went to my bedroom. There was a line of females in my damn room roaming through my closet. "What the hell!" I said catching them off guard. "These are my clothes." I said turning to Michael. "No, the clothes you bought are over in the bag. These are the clothes my money went towards." He said as he walked in the room and threw the bag at me. "So you're just gonna give them away?" I asked. "Well Asia didn't want any hand me down rags, so I had no choice." He said. "Well let me get my shoes." I said. "Sorry but Asia trashed them things this morning." He said. I felt my blood boil from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head.

"Get the hell out my house now!" I yelled causing the unwelcome women to leave. "You will not take my house." I said as I looked at Michael. "My name is on this house. My money went towards these clothes and shoes. That car outside is mines, them TV's? I bought. The only thing you'll be able to get is a vase and a crumb from today's sandwich." He said as he walked off from me. I walked into my room and looked around. I started to pick up my clothes and put them in my bag. "Just leave it. You have money, you can buy you own." Stacy said as she stood in the door. "No, not anymore if Michael has anything to do with it. He's suing me out of my own business asking for money from partnership." I told her. I threw the clothes down and fell to my knees. "I didn't do anything to deserve this. I loved that man and all I ever did was be a good wife to him." I said as I began to cry.

"Lena don't do this. He doesn't deserve you. If he can't see what a good woman you were to him then to hell with him." Stacy said as she came to comfort me. "You know you can always come and stay with me. It's no big deal." She said. "And burden your troubles? No thanks." I told her as I wiped my tears. "Girl hush. You're my best friend, this the least I can do." She said as she pulled me to my feet. "Let's get out of here." She said. We walked out the house and to our surprise, there was like a good 10 cars outside. "Come here shorty." Jay yelled from a distance. "Girl is that dude from the club?" Stacy asked. "That's not important right now." I said as I walked towards Jay. "Who are all these people?" I asked him. "The folks that's Gon make sure none of you shit gets touched." Jay said. "What? I'm sorry but that's not gonna happen." I told him. "Tell Stacy to stand by your room door, I'm sending my boys up there to guard it." He said. He had a serious expression on his face to let me know he was serious.

I walked back over to Stacy and looked at her. "He said go stand in front of my room door until he sends his boys up there." I told her. "His boys?" She asked. "I don't know. But just do it." I told her. She nodded and did as told. "Get in the car shorty I'm taking you back to my place. Don't worry about your friend, she'll get home safe." He said. He walked me to the car and closed the door as I got in. "Jay what's going on?" I asked him. "If I could tell you, I would. I'm going to drop you off, I'll bring your clothes over to the house later." He said as he got in and cranked the car up. "What if Michael comes back?" I asked as we pulled off. "Chill. I got all this handled. I do have a question though." He said. I looked at him letting him know I was waiting for him to ask. "You good with makeup?" He asked.

_________________________

Court Day
Today was the day we went to court. Jay walked in the bathroom with me and looked at me. "You ready?" He asked. "What if it backfires?" I asked. "Don't spend life asking what if. Just do it." He said. "You look good." He said as he admired my body. "Thank you." I said as I looked back him. He was dressed down in a suit and tie. "Come on. Stacy outside waiting for us." We were all riding in the same car. Jay's car. "I wonder what lies he's gonna bring." Stacy said. "Nothing worse than the lies we're bringing." I mumbled to myself. "Calm down shorty. We lied to save you, trust me. We're gonna win this case." Jay said. "I hope we do." I said. "Homegirl we got this. Just do like we said last night." Stacy said.

Pulling up to the court, I saw Michael and Asia standing there. "Just walk in, don't say a word." Stacy said. "And make sure your mic is on." Jay said before I got out the car. "Finally tramp. Took the old dog long enough to find his bone." Asia said. I didn't say anything, I just shook my head and walked in the building. They were walking in behind me cracking petty jokes meanwhile I stayed quiet. "Oh, is the dog not biting today? Bark puppy." Asia said. I turned around and looked at Asia. I wanted to slap her so bad. "What? You're gonna jump at me froggy?" Asia picked. "Good thing I'm a lawyer. My client isn't an aggressive person and will not be provoked to do such." Stacy said as she walked in and grabbed me. "Now, let's go win a case." She said as she walked me to the courtroom.