17

Lena
There we was. Standing there, in the middle of a blood bath. I looked over at Stacy, she was good. I made eye contact with Slim, he was good. Before anyone could say anything, the rest of the Mafia came through the door. "What the hell happened here?!" Dad, aka Clevis aka my godfather, yelled. "We're okay dad." I said as I walked towards him. "Where's the rest of the guys?" Stacy asked. "We lost em." Dad said. "What? ¿Cómo pudimos dejar que esto sucediera?" Slim asked. "They got a good number of us but we got majority of them. And most importantly, we got Michael. Thanks to our newest member Jay." Dad said. I looked at Jay, he had a look of guilt in his eye. "Jay? Are you okay?" I asked as I walked towards him.

"You don't regret killing Michael do you?" Dad asked. "No it's not that, he told me something before I killed him. It kind of stuck with me." He said. "What did he say?" I asked. "It's not important." He responded. "Your like a son to me now, you're part of the family. Talk to us, what is it that Michael told you?" Dad asked. "He told me that I was the one who killed Lena's first baby." He said. The whole room got quiet. Then a spit of laughter burst. "What?" He asked. "How could you have possibly kill my first baby Jay?" I asked him giggling. "Because of the car wreck. He told me he saw me when I hit your car." Jay said which caused us all to laugh again. "Missing the joke here." Jay said.

"Jay, my first child did not die in a car wreck. I had my first child at a very young age and I had to set it up for adoption. The child isn't dead, it's in the care of a better family." I told him. "That's not funny though." Jay said. "The situation itself isn't funny. But the look on your face when you thought you killed her baby was priceless." Dad said. "Why didn't you tell me?" Jay asked. "Did you give me time to?" I responded. "Then why would he lie?" Jay asked. "He was in his final moments Jay. He had nothing else better to do." I told him. "Well now, since all our troubles are done for. I say we celebrate over a drink, and a juice for the pregnant lady." Dad said looking at me. "Ha ha, very funny dad." I said as we all started to clean up the blood stains before leaving HQ.

______________________________

Flashback:
"Selena how could you! I trusted you with freedom and this is what you do in return?!" My birth mom yelled. "You have to believe me. I didn't want to do this!" I cried. "I was forced!" I yelled. "Enough with the lies!" My mother yelled before striking the side of my face with her hand. I dropped to the floor and cried. "Selena Marie Gonzales Berry, you will get rid of that baby!" She yelled. "Either you kill it or give it up for adoption! But that baby is not staying here! I refuse to have a mutt living in my house!" She yelled. I wanted to scream at her and tell her everything my dad did to me. I wanted to tell her about how this was his child that I was carrying. "You would've been an unfit mother anyway." My mom said before walking away from me. I tried to get up but couldn't move because my hair was being stepped by the Devil himself. My father. He bent down over me and looked me in the eyes. "If you ever fix your mouth to tell your mother who's child you're carrying, I will kill you and that baby. You hear me?" He said as he choked me against the wall. "Now go run the bath water and prepare for your daily." He said before letting me go and walking away. I sat there and cried til I couldn't cry anymore. Luckily, my mom had my dad distracted enough for me to pack a few outfits and leave out he house.

I hurried and ran down to Stacy's house. I began telling her and her parents everything. "Don't worry little darling. You can stay here as long as you want. You can share Stacy's room and I'll go have a talk with your parents." Clevis said. "They won't agree to it. They'll act like they care when they don't." I said. "Oh trust me, they'll cooperate." He said before leaving out the house.

_____________________________

"Hey?" Jay said as he walked out to the balcony and dat next to me. "You okay?" He asked. "Yeah, just thinking about my past. My parents, and how the Malone's took me in at a young age." I told him. "Well, if you're ready, you think you can tell me how you all became one family?" He asked. "Well, it all started my 8th grade year. My dad had came home drunk." I began.