Hammock ~ Bucky

Warm summer nights were some of your favorites

Warm summer nights were some of your favorites. It wasn't too hot, and it wasn't too cold, it was just, comfortable. So, you tried to spend time outside when you could, enjoying the nights. Most of the time, Bucky would join you, finding the weather comforting.

"Buck! Can you come here?" you asked from the hallway of the house. You had just returned from the store and wanted to get Bucky's help with something.

"Hang on I'm coming!" he called back, moments later hearing his footsteps travel down the staircase.

"How was the store?"

"Good! I bought something come look"

You grabbed his hand, making him laugh as you led him outside. You pointed over to a box sitting on the deck.

"Ta-da" you said, making jazz hands as he stared at the box

"A hammock?" he asked,

"You should be more excited about this James"

"No no I am, but why?"

"Because why not, now, will you please put it together?" you asked, smiling at your boyfriend

"It's gonna cost you,"

You wrapped your arms around his neck, his immediately attaching to your waist. You leaned up, pressing your lips to his before pulling away a few moments after.

"You'll get the rest of the payment after, thank you"

Bucky smiled, giving you a forehead kiss before parting and opening the box while you went inside to put a few extra things away.

--------------------------------------------------

Later that evening, you and Bucky both lied awake in the hammock, just between two trees in your backyard. It was a relaxing way to spend the night after being busy almost the whole afternoon.

"You okay sweetheart?" Bucky asked softly, running his hand through your hand.

"Mhm" you responded, snuggling into him more.

He kept his arms around you as he noticed your breathing slow, indicating you'd fallen asleep. Bucky smiled down at you, keeping a foot on the ground to gently rock the hammock, helping keep you asleep.

----------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 328

Written: 4/30/21
Published: 4/30/21

A/N: Thank you all so much for 30k reads!! It means so much to me and I just appreciate all of you and your comments and love ❤️❤️
-Em