Elusive

• Dedicated to touchekensalina

Sooo here's my first one shot here! Dedicating this to the one and only Amanda because she threatened me not to kill her with feels by writing this...but i did anyway. Anyhoe, i wanna thank her for reading this before i posted this! Also, my ideas today were inspired by songs by this local Singaporean singer called Gentle bones. I'd like to thank him for not only being amazing but for also breaking my heart with his song lyrics. Check him out, if you want! Hope you like this one shotttt.

-Hana

The sky was painted a crimson red with hints of purple and yellow. The sun was finally setting after what felt like a long, tiring day as they worked on a case. Kensi and Deeks drove home in complete silence and Deeks had no idea what was causing her to feel so upset. When they finally got to Deeks's place, he couldn't take it anymore. He had to find out what was going on.

"Hey, Kens? You alright?" He asked shakily.

"Good. I'm good" Kensi answered as she put on a weak smile and walked into the kitchen. Deeks knew and loved her well enough to let this one go.

"No...no you're not." he pleaded as he grabbed Kensi's arm and spun her around so their eyes met.

"Damn it, Deeks. I'm just tired, okay?"

"Why do you have to be so elusive?" Deeks asked as he raised his voice in frustration.

"Why is there a woman's shirt in your drawer? It's not mine, Deeks." She yelled, full of rage

Kensi pulled her arm away and folded her arms. Tears were clouding her vision now and she was trying her best to keep herself from shaking and breaking down. All she could do was look down at her feet which felt weak. Her heart was full of hurt and sorrow as she pictured Deeks with someone else and not her. Kensi just couldn't look at him. She couldn't let him see her like this, even though she was homicidally pissed at him.

"Wh-what shirt? I don't know what you're talking about." He said rather softly and shook his head.

"Dont. Don't make me drag you into the room and show it to you." Kensi let her anger take over her as she shoved Deeks lightly.

"Okay, okay. I-I don't know...how it got there, okay? i...i always thought it was yours so i left it there..."

All Kensi could do was shake her head and glare at him. She wanted to believe him but she didn't. She felt like crying, she felt like hitting him and she wanted to just leave and drive somewhere where he would never find her.

"God, Kens, how else do you want me to convince you that you're the only one i'll ever be in love with?" He whispered and reached for her hands. Kensi backed away, almost in fear. She trembled and let a tear fall. Deeks took a deep breath and looked into her mismatched eyes before he nodded.

"You're right. I brought a woman here an-" Before he could finish, Kensi turned on her heels and walked towards the door. She stopped at the front door when she heard Deeks call out for her. 'Just turn the knob and leave.' She chanted again and again in her head. She just couldn't do it and she spun around, one last time.

"You wanted me to explain and this is it. Just hear me out, okay? She was a witness in an LAPD op i was working on last week. Her name was Amelia. I had to walk her home because her car broke down but she felt sick so i brought her here. Look, i should have told you, and I'm sorry. Her shirt's in the drawer because she had to change out of her shirt that she threw up on. I cleaned it and i just haven't had the chance to return it. That's the truth, i swear to you, Kens. Please, you have to believe me..." He sighed shakily after he finally finished explaining.

Kensi's hands dropped to her sides as she stared at him. Unreadable. Deeks had absolutely no idea what she was thinking or how she was feeling. Kensi walked over to him slowly, not once looking away. She stopped inches away from him and just stared at him. After what seemed like an eternity, Deeks opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by Kensi.

"Shut up, Deeks. You should've just told me! Why didn't you tell me?" She yelled and once again, shoved Deeks backwards harder this time.

"i didn't want you to get jealous!"

Kensi squinted her eyes at him in disbelief before chuckling at the realisation that he was right. Deeks grinned widely and took her hands and led it to his waist. He wiped her tears before placing his hands on her waist.

"I adore you, and i love you to death. I would never, ever cheat on you, okay? I'll never do anything to hurt you. You have my word on that, Fern." He kissed her forehead and pulled her into his chest, cradling the back of her head as she wrapped her arms around his back.

"I'm really lucky to have someone like you. I shouldn't have assumed, I'm sorry." Kensi buried her face in his neck, once again not wanting him to know that she felt like breaking down.

"don't be. I get it, okay? I really love you. Stop crying, alright? We're okay, Kens." He whispered into her hair and leaned in closer, leaving no space at all between their trembling bodies. He didn't care if he couldn't stop his shaking, but he held her tighter to stop hers.

"We'll be fine, Kensi."