Nothing feels alright

Sorry for all the depressing one shots! (blame gentlle bones HAHA) This one feels more like a drabble than a one shot hmm. Anyway, I'll be taking requests and stuff! It can be any character and any situation and i'll try my best to write them! Hope you like this one! Comment your requests!

-Hana

On his side, Deeks lays on Kensi’s lap on the couch as they listen to each other’s steady breaths. It was a tiring day, battling their emotions and fears as the case they worked on recently seemed to hit home for the both them, especially the blonde detective. The case involved a boy whose mother was never to be found and his father was abusive.

“How are you feeling, Deeks?”

“Nothing feels aright.” he murmured.

Kensi looked down at his weak body and stroked his hair. “It will be…”

“I wish she was here. I don’t give a rat’s ass about my dad but i wish my mum was here to see that i didn’t end up like him.”

Kensi sighed took hold of his hand and pressed it against her lips.

“We’ll find her, Deeks. I’ll find her, for you.”

“Why would you?”

“Because you did the same for me. And it hurts to see you in this much pain.”

Kensi leaned into his hand that she held against her cheek. Deeks shut his eyes and squeezed her knees as he tried his best to not break down.

“Why must this be so…painful?"

She was taken aback by his question, his voice full of hurt and he just sounded so tired. He didn’t see it but tears started to fall as Kensi had never felt so helpless. She sat him up and guided his head over to her shoulder before wrapping her arm tightly around his limp body and cradled his head with her free hand.

“Kens?”

“yeah, Deeks?”

“Could you take me away from this?"

“Go to sleep, Deeks. You need to rest. I’m going to be right here when you wake up.”

Just like that, Deeks dozes off. He looked peaceful, but he was anything but that in his sleep. Not being able to do anything else, Kensi fell asleep, her grip on Deeks’s arm loosening as she went into a deep sleep.