T W E N T Y

The newbie stumbled back, only to be hit again. And again. And again. Purote was having fun; the voice in his head whispering directions and as quickly as he got then, he followed. He was just a villain afterall, why couldn't he act like it. When he was stopped by someone else grabbing his arm, he struggled, using his legs instead, kicking the bloody man beneath him, stomping as hard as he could, eventually multiple people were holding him down and he finally broke, sobbing and screaming as he struggled.

"Let me go! LET ME GO!"

They held him tighter trying to keep him still. He watched as the bloody man was dragged away

"I PAID! I PAID AND I STILL AM! I'M A MEMBER! YOU PROTECT ME! FUCK YOU! I'M NOT YOUR TOY! I'M NO ONES!" He screamed

"You said– You said you'd protect me!" Purote thrashed in their grip until a hand touched his face. He went deadly still.

"We will always protect you, kid" It smelled like sake. He wanted sake. Opening his mouth, he waited until the alcoholic beverage touched his lips to move. When it did, he drank, gulping down the sweet liquid he'd been hooked on as a kid.

"Slow down kitten" A voice bothered him. He flipped the bird to the person's general direction, earning laughter.

The bottle was pulled away and he grabbed it back, making quick work if the little left.

He was no lightweight, so many years of taking his mother's stash of beer to stop the pain raised his tolerance. So now he sat there, blinking and frowning at the men surrounding him.

"Fuck you" He repeated, mouth making the word a little slurred. He was no lightweight, but that was no small amount of sake.

"Kid, you already passed. You're safe"

"'M never fuckin' safe" The room never seemed so quiet. "But 'at's okay, 'm Purote An' I'mma villain"

"Aren't you that kid from Yuuei?"

"Nmhm! Wanna be a hero, but Mom said villain's can't be heroes" He quipped back.

" But I should thank you guys," He mumbled after a moment. "Mother dearest can't rent me out as much anymore" The younger members who weren't told the full story seemed shocked, but he didn't notice. He wasn't addressing them. "But I still... He... Fuck! Why can't I just get over it?" He hunched over, desperately wiping at tears as they fell. The smell of sake and smoke surrounded him as Boss held him.

"Kid... You still..."

"Purote...you–! Thats–!"

"No way... "

A hand from Takahashi, a man who's been in his early twenties, last he saw him patted his head. The man used to work the bar, probably still did by the smell of every alcohol he could think of surrounding the man.

"Come kid, let's get you outta those clothes, I'm sure you fit in something"

Purote shook his head "No more, please, I paid"

"You paid" The man reassured. "What d'you wanna do then?"

"I wanna go home"

"I'll take him, then" Boss nodded firmly, no one disagreed.

"You guys better behave while I'm out" He handed Takahashi a key.

"You've gotta come visit me okay, lemme know how you're doing now next time" The man smiled at Purote, who nodded, fist bumping the bartender.

Boss turned his head to the others around them. " If I hear you've caused trouble, I'll cut off your dick myself"

Purote smiled, still wiping his damp cheeks, and also unknowingly smearing blood on his face. "I might help with that"

When he looked around, he noted with slight surprise that those participated in defiling him that one day, that had their hands in visible locations, all had shortened pinky fingers, the tip having been cut off. 

It was a traditional form of a Yakuza punishment he didn't know was still followed in modern times

He took Boss's help up and they walked to the exit together, Purote giving a middle finger backwards instead of a wave.

"So, " The man started. "Where we going?"

"Block 16" He replied, rubbing his nose and spreading more blood smears.

Boss held Purote for most of the way, but when they got close enough, Purote refused to have help.

"I've heard about you from my sister. She's got a kid who goes to Yuuei. General studies. You're the kid's biggest hero"

Purote shook his head, " Everyone on this block were so kind to me. I still don't know why... So I protect them. And you protect me, so you guys are protecting them"

"But you protect them, we just distribute drugs and beat the shit outta people" The man laughed, making Purote smile.

"PUROTE!" A young voice screamed,making him jump into a more balanced stance. Immediately he was assaulted by hugs, laughter and tears. But the seas parted as Mrs. Kayama neared. Mr. Kayama just behind her. The two held worried looks at the blood, but it was just something he always had on him when he used to come, so no one else noticed.

"Nemuri said she saw you" Was the first thing Mr. Kayama said. He threw himself at them, eyes tearing up. He laughed, crying again.

"I fuckin' missed you too"

"Honey, don't cry"

"Yeah we got a feast and everything"

"I really missed you guys" He cried, "I'm sorry I didn't come back!"

"Oh honey... It's okay" The motherly woman rubbed his back, they stood for a few more seconds before they pulled apart and Purote was led down the street to his favorite spot, where he found Mineta, his cousin, and what he assumed was Mineta's mother, the woman from before

They all bowed, "Thank you Purote!" Mineta himself ran to Purote and offered a napkin to Purote; he gave a confused face back. Boss stepped forward and took the napkin, then he spit on it and wiped the blood from Purote's face. He scrunched his face at the action, whining at how gross it was but he did nothing to stop it.

"Bo– Boss!" Mineta's cousin squeaked

"Not here for you, squirt"

"Are you fuckin' done?" Purote frowned, the napkin was still on his face.

He rolled his eyes when Mineta's cousin gasped.

"Sure, Kid. Hey, who's the scary lookin' hobo?" the man whispered the last part.

Purote swiveled, "Mr. Aiz– Eraserhead!" he waved, grinning. Present Mic was next to the man both in costume. The neighborhood kids were staring at the two pro heroes. His teacher nodded and Mic waved back.

"Why do you always find trouble?"

Purote laughed. 

Word Count: 1075

I literally woke up to 45 notifications and I am going to explode now what the hell?!?!
Thank y'all for reading!!! I'm so, so, so excited!! ♡

((Grammar and Spelling fixed))